26. Storytime.

Hey guys!! Back with another update. I reeealllyy hope you like it. This is the unveiling of half the mystery that is Aleksy. I'm super excited about this chapter.

I'm sorry the updates aren't coming often, I am really trying though. What with pretending to study and all...

Please do comment and let me know what you think.

Unedited so enjoy my sucky grammar.

Okay bye.
-----------------------------------------------------------

CHAD

I walked into the house carrying Elaheh's stuff after having a chat with Aleksy. He'd told her. Of course, I figured it out when he said that she wouldn't be staying with him anymore. It wasn't that I didn't want to have her with us. Hell, I would've been thrilled, but under the circumstances, I couldn't bring myself to feel happy at all. Elaheh's place was by the Alpha's side. He'd been alone for so long that when she finally walked into our lives, I had begun to see her as a miracle. I knew that she saw that there was something fishy about Aleksy's past but she never pushed it.

I knew he would have to tell her eventually but I always thought that he would try to make her see that he wasn't really evil. But it seemed that he had wanted her to see him that way. But that was something I couldn't help him with. I wouldn't sit by without at least trying to explain it to her.

Alyssa was in the kitchen rummaging for something to eat. She had begun craving meat and I had really stocked up. She straightened out when she heard me and her face instantly brightened. I would never get used to the fact that just my mere presence could make someone so happy. It was humbling. I only wished that Aleksy would let himself feel this.

I put the stuff down and opened my arms. Alyssa wasted no time stepping into them. I kissed her on the temple and she snuggled her head into my chest.

"How is she?" I asked.

My mate lifted her head and I could see the sympathy for Elaheh in them.

"Her heart is broken. She's confused and struggling not to believe the information she's been given. She's angry and disgusted but she still feels the pull towards him and it's taking it's toll on her so she's not doing so well."

I sighed. Hadn't the poor thing been through enough without that meat head of a best friend of mine dragging her already bruised heart through the mud? I got why he did it but he'd been too brutal. When he reiterated the incident to me I had been shocked. I knew he could be cruel, but not to her.

"Let me go see if I can help okay?" I said and Alyssa nodded, giving me one of those beautiful smiles she reserved only for me. For a moment I was reluctant to leave her but I had to attend to the catastrophe that Aleksy created.

When I opened the door to the spare room that Alyssa had put Elaheh up in, the sight inside almost broke my heart. Elaheh sat on the bed, hugging her knees and staring out of the window near the bed. She didn't turn to look at me but I was glad. I was afraid of what I would see in her eyes; sadness, pain, tears but worst of all...defeat. If she gave up on Aleksy, he would never be happy again. She was the only who could truly save him.

For a minute I assumed that she hadn't heard me come in.

"Tell me he was lying." She said. Of course she had heard me. She was a freaking werewolf. "Tell me hasn't done those horrible things."

"I can't do that." I said and she shut her eyes tightly. Her fingers dug into her arms but I wasn't finished.

"But I can do something he would never do for himself. I can defend him."