32. Still My Father.

Hey guys, so this chapter isn't going to be as exciting I think but it needs to happen and so does the next chapter...but I do hope you'll like it either way. More questions have been answered in this chapter.

Do comment coz it makes me haaappyy. I really do love reading the comments since they make me want to write more.

Anyway, Imma leave you to it. Unedited,  enjoy!!
-----------------------------------------------------------

ALEKSY

Three days had passed since the rogue incident. I lay now in bed with Elaheh in my arms, fast asleep. I had woken just a little before dawn broke.

Usually when I woke up, I couldn't stay in bed but today I was content to just lie down for a bit and feel the warmth from her body seep into mine. I was used to sleep coming in snatches but it had gotten worse in the past few days. I was restless. Sloan was just beyond my reach. I felt that if I could only reach a little further I'd be able to catch him. It was a familiar feeling. As a child I had a weakness for my mother's chocolate cookies. She would keep them just beyond my reach and I would think, 'if only my arms were a little longer...'

He was so close I could almost smell him. I had outside help now. I recalled the conversation I had with my father that day. After Amoux had heard about what had transpired between us, he automatically assumed that my father would not try to reach out to me again. He had tried to convince him that I was not worth the trouble. My father had made it clear that he wanted no trouble and that he only  wanted to fix things between us but since that didn't work out, he was going to live quietly and peacefully with his mate, Caroline.  But when Amoux had told him that big things were coming, my father couldn't help his curiosity, especially considering I was involved. It was because of Amoux that my father had found out what happened to Elaheh. I was wrong when I believed that he knew nothing about what happened to her when she had been abducted. He knew everything. He had just played at being ignorant.

"He's tired of being seen as weak. He wants to prove a point. He told me that I could once again be Alpha if I helped him." My father told me. My eyes automatically narrowed.

"I wanted to see if I could figure out his plans so I agreed. He sent me here to try and get on good terms with you and earn your trust so that I can pull the rug out from under you when it's time." He continued.

"I will never place my trust in you." I said.

"I don't expect you to. I wronged you but you are still my son and I'm not going to sit around and do nothing while someone plans to kill you."

"It's not so easy to kill me." I informed him.

"I know that, you are my son, how could I not?" He replied.

I gritted my teeth. "You seem to enjoy reminding me that I'm your son when I'd sooner forget."

His smile was sad and I did my best to ignore it. "Amoux is hiding something. Something big." He said and I had a feeling I knew what it was....or who.

It had been decided that my father would find out everything he could about Amoux' plan. I wasn't too sure about voicing my suspicions to him. I wasn't kidding when I said I didn't trust him and it seemed that he wasn't too fond of Elaheh after he heard what happened to her. He sounded disgusted...with her. He never said it outright but the way he said her name made it clear. I didn't know if being his son meant as much as he made it seem.

Now that he knew about Sloan and what he looked like, he would recognize the situation once he shed light on what Amoux was hiding.  It would not be information he didn't know how to react to so I didn't feel like I was keeping vital stuff from him by not telling him what I felt was occurring.