5. Her.

Hey guys,

I know the previous chapter was pretty short so I'm posting this one as well. Enjoy, and don't forget to comment. :) Also, these two chapters are unedited so please feel free to point out mistakes...kindly, thanks :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALEKSY

"Lord make me a rainbow, I'll shine down on my mother. She'll know I'm safe with you when she stands under my colours Oh and, life and always want you think it ought to be no, Ain't even grey but she buries her baby,
A sharp knife, of a short life..."

The words I'd heard before and never really paid attention to, but now for some reason, it chilled me to the bone. The voice that wafted up sounded strained but haunting. I walked down a few steps and was hit by the most enticing smell but I couldn't help but scrunch up my nose as the stench of stale sex took over my senses, making my wolf rear back in disgust. The smell was overwhelming.

"We should go down," my wolf said.

"No shit," I replied rolling my eyes.

"Go!" he urged.

But as I resumed my descent, the singing stopped and I heard the rest of my pack catch up to me. I continued to make my way down not bothering to keep it quiet. Obviously, whoever was down there had heard these morons.

What I saw when I reached the base shocked me. Which is saying something because I'm not easily shocked. I had seen gruesome things in my life. Hell, I had done most of these things but I was not prepared for this. By his silence, I knew that even my wolf had trouble digesting the scene.

She just hung there...blood dripped down her legs and onto the floor. The sound of the droplets hitting the ground pounded in my ears. She was held up by chains that wrapped around her wrists like snakes.

"Silver." My wolf hissed. I could sense it but it didn't affect me like it did other wolves which was clear by the growls that came from behind me as the others sensed it too. It could slow me down but not cripple me. Her wrists were chafed and bleeding and she looked like a bag of bones.

Long brown hair hung down her shoulders, matted with blood, sweat and grime. Her face was beaten beyond recognition. Her eyes were swollen and black, her nose was broken and her cheekbones were purple. Her lips were split and caked with blood. She was naked and she looked like she was bleeding from every part of her body. She had been beaten but I could see telltale signs of knife cuts on her stomach, arms and thighs.

I looked at her face once again and watched as her eyes ran down the length of my body with barely concealed fear. Her lower lip trembled. Her eyes then moved to the naked men behind me and she whimpered.

My wolf urged me to go her. He wanted to ease her fear.

"Shut up." I snapped at him and he growled.

Slowly, I made my way to her to remove the chains but she flinched.

"Please," she said. "there's too many of you...you're too big."

My eyes snapped to hers but they were closed. Her features were contorted in pain and shame.

"The bastard molested her." My wolf snarled.

"Who would do something like this?" I asked him as I felt my rage build and my wolf fighting to get out.

"My body can't take anymore." She said. "I can't..." her voice broke and something inside me snapped at the pain in her voice but I fought for control.

"I'm not going to hurt you," I assured her, "Are you Kaveh's sister?" Maybe his name would ease her fear but she turned her face away.

"I don't want him to see me like this," She said, the shame in her voice evident.

"What's your name?" I asked

"Elaheh." She said. Elaheh. It was a strange name but it had a nice ring to it.

"We'll get you cleaned up before you see your brother. We're going to get you out."

I reached up to free her wrist from the chain, my palms burning from the contact. Ignoring it, I caught her body just as it was about to swing to one side so that her weight wouldn't be supported by her other wrist causing her shoulder to dislocate, but when my arms made contact with her, a jolt of electricity shot through me and I almost let her go. Keeping one arm around her I made short work of the other chain. She slumped against me and groaned. Touching her anywhere would cause her pain.

She reeked of sex and it made me see red. Unconsciously, I tightened my grip on her, blind to the blood that now attached itself to me. She felt too brittle in my hands. She hadn't been fed at all. They made sure that she was too weak to fight back. There was no resemblance between the girl in the picture and the breakable little thing in my arms. My wolf whimpered when I moved her, afraid that I would break her if I was not gentle and it made me freeze. My wolf, in all the years I had him, had never once whimpered.

"Get yourself together," I warned him. I knelt down on one knee and balanced her so that she was leaning against the inside of my leg. Her face was lined with exhaustion. Considering I was in human form this whole time, I still had my clothes on. No wonder she was so afraid. My men were all naked because they had shifted back into human form. I removed my shirt and slipped it over her head. She was so small that she almost disappeared in it. I fit her arms through the holes and pulled the shirt down so that she was covered. The state of the girl in my arms had me seething.

My eyes went to her face as I was about to pick her up. She looked much worse up close with her blood-caked lips and battered cheeks and a long, bleeding gash down the side of her face. As if sensing my gaze she opened her tired, swollen eyes. They travelled up my chest and neck, in a tired fashion as though it was too taxing to just look up at once and then her blue eyes connected with mine.

My world stopped. My breathing stopped, my heart stopped and time stopped.

Everything just stopped as I stared into her shocking blue eyes for the first time. It felt like we stared at each other for hours the way I already had the blue of her eyes etched into my mind as if I'd been staring into them my whole life. It felt like hours but in reality, it was barely a second when her eyes widened with shock before they rolled back and she passed out in my arms.

Frozen, I stared at her limp body in my arms before a feral growl ripped through me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------