36. Bane.

Hey kids,

So you know how sometimes there are these amazing scenes in your head so you write your story around those scenes? Every word you type is meant to lead up to those little and big moments that make your story what it is. This chapter my friends, was supposed to be one of those moments. 

I don't feel the satisfaction that I had hoped to feel after writing this chapter. In fact I'm quite disappointed in it. I wrote and re-wrote it again and again but I couldn't seem to transfer the beauty in my head onto the laptop. This is unfortunately the best that I could do for now.

I do hope you'll aren't as disappointed as me.

Do comment and tell me what you think. I could really use it. 

Thank you, enjoy

Later!

P.S- sorry it took so long!

____________________________________________________________________________________

ALEKSY

I sat on the edge of the bed staring at my phone.

It's time. Moving in from the West. One hour.

I shut my eyes tightly. So the day was finally here. My fists clenched around my phone. I waited for the excitement, the blood lust...but it didn't come. Instead, I just wanted to crawl back into bed and feel Elaheh curl herself around me.

I turned to look at her. She looked so peaceful right now. She hadn't had any nightmares tonight. It was ironic really, on the night that would lead up to the long awaited battle, we had gotten a good, peaceful sleep. I wondered if the rest of our men had slept as well. This was going to be the last night we got to share before the battle began. Many of us wouldn't make it out. It made me feel guilty that so many men had to sacrifice their lives for our fight but I knew we wouldn't be able to do it without them.

I sighed. It was time to get ready.
"Chad." I called through the mind link.

His mind was a little fuzzy as it rose from sleep but he was quickly  alert. "Alpha, what is it?"

"It's time. Get everyone ready and alert Kaveh."

"Yeah, Jenna is with us so she can mind link him." With that I felt our link dissolve.

Elaheh's brown hair was splayed across the pillow and her lips were slightly open. This was going to be difficult for her. I wished that I could stay by her side throughout but I knew that the battle would separate us. Still...I hoped she had the strength to face it. I bent down to kiss her lips and when I lifted my head, her eyes fluttered open. My heart warmed when a  gentle smile graced her lips as her eyes met mine, like it was the most natural reaction to me. I was beginning to see what Kaveh meant when he said that Jenna's smile was home to him.

"It's time." I whispered. Why I was whispering, I don't know. It was just the both of us in this house after all. Her smile faltered but she nodded. She sat up and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. I got up to go brush my teeth. When I came out of the bathroom, Elaheh had the sheet twisted in her hands and I could see the storm in her eyes brewing.

She lifted her eyes to look at me and I wanted to smile at her. I wanted to tell her that it would all be okay but I didn't want to lie to her. We just stared at each other, it was all we needed to draw strength from the other. She sighed and got out of bed, padding lightly across the floor to the bathroom. She stopped to place a kiss on my cheek on the way. I sat on the bed and waited for her, it was funny that even though we'd gone all the way, a simple thing like a kiss to the cheek could still feel so intimate and leave my skin tingling from the contact.