14. Is she Yours To Give Up?

ELAHEH

Jitters. That was all I could feel. I would be going home with this gorgeous specimen that I knew nothing about. I pushed my food around my plate with my fork till I felt a pair of eyes on me. I looked up to meet them.

Those strange yet familiar grey eyes that saw through everything. I'd noticed the way his eyes were always roaming. Always taking in his surroundings. Except when they were on me. They seemed to have no desire to look anywhere else then and that confused me. These astute grey eyes bore into me now, searching my face and I knew he saw everything I was feeling but they offered no comfort. They offered no emotion at all. I smiled tentatively at him and he didn't return it. It was okay though because I knew he wouldn't. For some reason, that didn't bother me at all.

"Call me every day," Jenna said and I turned to her and smiled, my thoughts on my jittery nerves.

When dinner was finished, I began to help Jenna clear the table when I heard a voice in my head.

"El, come outside."

I blinked. Logan? What was he doing here? Then I caught his thoughts. I groaned and everyone turned to stare at me. I made my way outside the house quickly ignoring everyone else.

I stepped outside to see Logan, his eyes red and furious. My own anger began to surface.

"What the hell do you think you're doing here? " I asked.

"Don't go. I won't let him take you away from me."

"You better get out of here before I beat your ass up myself." I snapped.

"I made mistakes but I know better now. I'm sorry Elaheh." He pleaded.

"You don't understand Logan I don't want to be with you. You should leave." Just as I said that Aleksy came up behind me. He was so close I could feel the heat from his body. I resisted the urge to shut my eyes and inhale his scent.

Logan glared at my mate but I could see the fear in his eyes.

"I'm not going to give her up to you." He said angrily.

"Is she yours to give up? " Aleksy asked. Although he sounded bored I could tell it was feigned because I didn't miss the irritation in his voice.

"She was." He said simply and Aleksy growled. "I want her back."

"Excuse me." Came another voice and I moved to let Chad through.
"Listen pup, we don't have time for this. So if you know what's good for you, you'll leave. Now."

"I won't let her go without a fight," Logan argued and all I could think was, did nobody care about what I wanted? I rolled my eyes.

"Stop being dramatic Logan." I sighed.

"You want to fight?" Aleksy asked. He stepped passed me and I felt a tingle of fear...for Logan.
"I haven't broken anyone's neck since yesterday." He cracked his fingers and Logan burst into his wolf form.

He was a grey blur as he charged at Aleksy, still in his human form. As Logan hurled himself at my mate, I watched, almost in slow motion as Aleksy's fist met Logan's face sending him sprawling a few yards away, whimpering.

He got up and shook his head, charging again. I looked at Aleksy, his face was neutral and actually bored this time. He was going easy on Logan. I hadn't realised that my brother and Jenna and Eric had come out to watch the fun too. I whirled around to face Kaveh.

"Aren't you going to stop this??" I asked incredulously.

Kaveh shrugged. "I've been waiting to see that kid get beat up a bit and since I couldn't do it..."