Chapter 11

*Hanabi pov*

After the boy left I run to Dad's office. The maids were yelling at me to walk and how unlady like it was but I didn't care. Neji-nii is a bigger pri-pri-priorrriy(1)? Is that how you say it? Ahh! I am getting sidetracked. I turn a sharp corner and bump into someone. "Ow!" me and the unknown person say at the sametime. I look at the person. It was Onee-chan. "Hanabi, you shouldn't run." Onee-chan scolds. I get up quickly. "Onee-chan, this is bad! Neji-nii is wounded!" Onee-chan's eyes widen. "What!? Where is he!?" I feel tears creeping up on me. "I-I don't k-know. A-An boy came to t-the d-door asking for N-Neji-nii. I s-said he wasn't h-here a-and the b-boy said he was i-injured and s-supposed to be h-here resting. I-I'm s-s-scared Onee-chan." I choked out. Tears are streaming down my face. Onee-chan put a comforting hand on my back. "It's okay Hanabi. I am going to go get dad. Don't worry, Neji is going to be fine." Onee-chan runs off, leaving me in the middle of the hallway. "Neji-nii be safe." I whisper.

*First person pov*

"Shit he is not here." I say, panting, and heading to the next training grounds. Knowing Neji, he does everything he can to get stronger, the fight that we had might have hurt his ego and went off to go train instead of going home and rest. That idiot! He will not get any stronger doing this. All he cares about is himself and not the others around him. Him beating himself up will just hurt others. I turn into training ground 38th training ground and I see a tuft of brunette hair. Knowing that Neji has his Byakugan on, I wait until he acknowledges me. "What do you want." he says while punching the tree. "You should go back to the Hyuuga household. You need to rest." Neji turns to me glaring at me that is equivalent to punching 100 newborn babies and setting them on fire. "They don't want me there. They just think the Branch house is below the Main house! We are just puppets for them to use and sacrifice! It is the Branch house's destiny!" he yells. I glare at him. "What proof do you have." He removes his ninja headband. "We Branch members are branded with a seal. A curse seal. We obey the Main branch because we have no choice. Our brain cells can be destroyed with just one hand seal because of this Mark. We obey the Main and live in fear for our lives. We are simply puppets. Just like my father. They killed him to replace the Head of the Main branch to sacrifice to make a peace treaty." My glare deepens. "I agree, you are right. You are a puppet. But that doesn't mean that the Main house doesn't treat you like a puppet. They treat you like family. Not just another mouth to feed. If one of the Branch dies, they all mourn. No matter how you look at the Main house, they are all human. Not some monster you think they are. And like you they have emotions. Do you think they like doing what they do?" Neji gets up in my face. "Yes. They are pigs that would sacrifice others to save theirs. No matter how you look at them, they are monsters, and nothing will change that." I heard enough of Neji and attempted to punch him and, of course, he grabs my hand. "You are wrong. The peace treaty they signed was to prevent a war. Yes, what the Main house was wrong, but your dad died for a good cause. Say if your dad was alive today. There might have been a war and countless of shinobi have died. And among of them might have been fathers, and had kids your age. They would become hateful of the Main and the Branch house because if your dad or the Main house head have died, their dad's life might have been spared. They would have attacked the Main and Branch house and lives would still be taken. Maybe your dad's. So stop thinking that you are the victim. You are just a whining brat. If you were mature, you would have realized that one life can save a thousand others!" my voice rising every sentence. When I finished I headbutted Neji and fell down, knocked out. I sigh and I grab Neji and carried piggyback style. Dammit, I wished I knew how to jump from tree to tree. I really need Naruto to teach me the basics. I head back to the Hyuuga household. When I got back to the village I see a bunch of Hyuuga shinobi running around. "There he is!" "Neji!" "God, he is badly wounded." "Man, this brat making us worry." "Thank the heavens!" The Hyuuga's say as they crowd around me. A Hyuuga takes Neji from my back. "Thank you for finding him, Hiashi-sama went nuts when he heard that Neji was wounded." I hear 2 Hyuuga women shinobi whispering to each other. "Hey, isn't he the one who entered the academy and graduated 2 days later?" "Ehhh!? That's him?" "Yeah, Hinata-hime mentioned him talking her. She described him that he has pink hair and turquoise eyes." "Then it's gotta be him!" "I know right?" I ignore them and turned to the shinobi that has Neji. "Deeply apologize. It is my fault for his wounds. Yesterday I got Neji to spar with me and I injured him badly. And that really hurt his ego and he went to go train without anyone's knowledge, injuring him further. I will pay the his medical expenses." the Hyuuga shakes his head. "No, it's fine. He is badly injured, but it's nothing that we can't heal ourselves. Don't worry." I nod my head, unsure. The Hyuugas take their leave as well as me but I stop in my tracks. I still didn't apologized....

(1) Hanabi tried to say priorities XD!