Chapter 30

*First person pov*

"OW!" I yell as I jump and hit my head on the branch. "Damn it!" I yell as I get up. I thought that tree climbing and throwing kunais and shurikens was going to be hard, but this is even harder! This is a basic ninja thing! I look at Naruto and he was walking towards Pinky. Hmm, that gives me a idea! After Naruto was done talking with Pinky, I walked up to her. "Hey, Pinky?" I ask. She blushes and looks at me. "Yes Ciel-kun?" she asks. "Can you give me tips on how to jump really high? Since I came to the academy late, I don't know how. Kakashi explained it to me but since he is crippled, he did not do a good job and can't give me example." I say. She nods. "Of course, Ciel-kun." She says. She starts explaining it as we walk back to my tree. "And that's about the jist of it, do you want to try?" She says as she jumps onto a tree branch. I nod. "Yeah, thanks!" I yell. I started gathering chakra in my feet and I jump. I landed perfectly onto the branch. "Hey, this is easy! You did a better job at explaining this, unlike Kaka-baka." I say as I glare at Kakashi. "Hey, Ciel-kun?" Pinky asks. "Yeah?" I reply. "Why do you call me Pinky?" she asks. "That's because I don't really have much respect for you. But if you manage to redeem yourself, probably 99% I will call you by your name." I say. "Is that why you call Sasuke-kun Duckbutt?" she asks. I nod. "Yeah, I don't have any respect for him and I just hate him. That's why his nickname is more insulting than yours. Even he manages to redeem to himself, probably 10% chance I will call him by his name." I say. But then I smile brightly. "But I hope that you can redeem yourself, Pinky!" I yell. She blushes and nods. "Yeah!" She yells. She jumps down from her branch and walks back to her tree to keep training. I continue jumping from tree to tree. Okay, I really got the hang of this! Kakashi walks up to me with Pinky. "Oi! Ciel!" Kakashi yells. I jump down. "What?" I ask. "You two got the hang of the training and I'm not really worried about you so you can go and protect Tazuna. I'll stay here and monitor Naruto and Sasuke." I nod. "Okay." I say as I head to the bridge. Pinky was walking next to me. "Hey, um Ciel-kun?" I look over at her and she was blushing. "What, uh, kind of girls do you like?" She asks. "I'm pretty sure I already told you that when I first came to the academy. But since you ask nicely, anyone who can make me happy, whether be male or female, young or old, ugly or hot." I say. All I said was true, If Tazuna was such a asshole and made me happy, I probably date him. "So, if a boy makes you happy, you would be with him?" She asks. "Yeah." I say. We arrive at the bridge and took a seat. Sounds of drilling and hammering fills the air. I cover my ears. God dammit! My dragon slayer magic enhances my senses and the noise is ten times louder! Aggh! I hold my ears in pain. "Ciel-kun! Are you ok?" Pinky asks. Her annoying voice is ten times louder! Shit! "Uh, yeah, my hearing is better than others so the noise might be fine to you, it hurts me." I say. She nods and starts guarding, I guess? "You guys seem bored. Where's the blond kid and the other one?" Tazuna asks. "Their training." me and Pinky reply at the same time. "And not you guys?" Tazuna asks. "Since I'm so superior, Kakashi asked me to protect you." Pinky says, getting all cocky. "Really?" Tazuna asked, not seeming to believe it. "Hey, Tazuna!" I turn to the source. It was a worker. "I've been doing a lot of thinking recently and... Can I stop working on the bridge?" The worker said. "WHY IS THAT?! THIS IS SO SUDDEN! NOT YOU TOO!" Tazuna yells. "Tazuna, we've been close for a long time now. I want to help you, but if we continue this Gato will notice us. If you get killed, what's the point? Why don't we quit building the bridge." the guy says. Hmph, coward. You don't realize that if you want to get out of this hell, you gotta work for it. "I can't do that. This is our bridge. This is the bridge we started working on together. Believing it will bring resources into our poor country. It's noon already, let's stop for today." Tazuna says. "BUT WE WILL DIE!" The man yells. "Gichii... you don't have to come back tomorrow." Tazuna says.

Time skip~

We were walking around the town shopping for food. Pinky looked shocked at all the people in poverty. "WAIT! THIEF!" I hear a person yell and a person running. "I'm supposed to bring home food for lunch." I hear Tazuna say to Pinky. Pinky looked nervous and looking around. "Here we are." Tazuna says stopping at a shop. "Welcome." a person cashier says as we walk in. Tazuna looks around and I was standing next to Pinky. I hear a guy walk up behind us and tries to pickpocket Pinky. Pinky notices and thinks that the guy was going to touch her butt. "KYA! PERVERT!" She yells and kicks the guy in the face. Ooh, that's gotta hurt. The man scrambled away. "What is wrong with this city?" Pinky asks Tazuna as we walk out. "You surprised me back there. Not a lot of women around here act like that." Tazuna says. "So this happens a lot around here." She asks. Then a little girl runs up to Pinky and tugs on her dress thing. Pinky turned around angrily, thinking that it was another pervert but soften at the sight of the little girl. "Please?" the little girl asked as she held out her hands. Pinky searches her purse and took out some candy and handed it to the little girl. I get out my wallet and pull out 1000 ryo and handed it to her. "God bless you." I say. She looks at me and Pinky happily and thanks us and runs off to her friends. Hm, back in my world it's worse. And people like me who had it good just sat back and watched. Even we were to do something, it won't make a difference. "It's been like this since Gato took over. All the adults lost all hope. That's why we need that bridge. A symbol of courage... We need for the people to lose their fear and regain desire to stand up for themselves. If that bridge, If that bridge can be completed... The city will return to that time... The people will return to they used to be." Tazuna says. I turn to Pinky. "This is your first time you've seen poverty, right?" I ask. She nods. "Did this trigger any memories?" She asked. I nod. "Yeah, it triggered a few. I remember that there was poverty everywhere, and the people who actually had it good and lived decent, didn't do anything because they knew, even if they did do something, it will just return to the way it used to be. There was nothing they could do about it." I say. Pinky widens her eyes. "There are more people like this?" She asked. I nod. "Yeah, just be thankful that you have a roof over your head that you can return to anytime, and be thankful for the food that is on your table." I say as we walked back to the house.