Chapter 71

*First person pov*

The examiner told us to start and I take a bunch of shurikens out of my pouch and throw it at the guy. He blocks it all with his sword and charges at me with it. He tires stabbing me with his sword at an insane speed, but I dodge barely. I hear all of my friends cheering me and I move faster. We both jump back and he throws a smoke bomb. Smoke envelops my body and the arena. I stop moving and listen. After a moment of silence I finally pinpointed his position. Above! I look up and he throws kunai at me. I jump backwards but I feel something kick me from behind. I cough up blood. A shadow clone! There was two of them. One of them charges at me and I stab it with a kunai, making the clone disappear. I face back to where the other was but he disappeared. I hear movement behind me. I try to dodge but I get kicked away. "Too slow!" The guy yells. I land on the floor. "COME ON!! CIEL GET UP!! AREN'T YOU GOING TO BE MY BODYGUARD!?" I heard Naruto yell. I get up and make some hand signs. "Lightning Dragon's Lightning elbow!" I yell as I strike him. I made contact and he gets airborne. "I'm not done!" I yell as I do more hand signs. "Fire Wind Dragon's Roar!" I yell as a fire comes out of my mouth, much larger than the regular Fire Dragon's Roar. The guy was still in the air so he couldn't dodge. He was lit a flame and I hear his scream. He falls to the ground, not moving. Well, that was easy, I didn't even have to- The guy on the ground disappears, a clone. What the- "Oh, you're a first." I look up and he was standing on the ceiling. "When genins battle me, they can't even destroy my clone. Well then, I guess I'll get serious. Get ready." the guy says and disappears. No, not disappear, he was moving. How fast! He kicks me in the stomach and blood comes out of my mouth. I try to get up but I get blows here and there. His speed matches Lee's! I gotta do something to slow him down or speed myself up! Wait! I got it! After he finished doing whatever to me, I do hand signs. "O swift wind that dashes through the heavens.... Vernier!" A magic circle appears below me and a ball of light circles me. I feel light as a feather! This is cool! Thank god to the wind dragon slayer magic, it's so similar to sky dragon slayer magic so I can use the same magic. I do more hand signs. "O strength of arm to cleave the heavens.... Arms!" I yell. I felt more power surging through me. "Here I come!" I yell as I charge at the guy. I was fast as wendy when she was battling the demon at face. The guy couldn't even follow me. I was landing blows one after another. I kicked him into a wall. The magic has worn out so I'm back at my normal speed and strength. "You... bastard... It seems like I underestimated you... but it's over now... I am going to finish this..." he says as he does a hand sign. Hayate notices the hand signs and fear washes over his face. "YOU! DON-" But he gets cut off. "Ninpou: nightmare genjutsu." He says before I blacked out.

*Third person pov*

"Ninpou: Nightmare genjutsu." Akio says and Ciel falls to the ground. Hayate runs at Akio and holds him by the collar. "Do you know what the hell you just did? You aren't allowed to use this jutsu on fellow leaf comrades!" Hayate yells, coughing a little in the process. "I-I'm sorry! I was in the heat of the moment and no longer control of my actions!" Akio apologizes. Back with Pinky and Naruto. "Kakashi-sensei, is Ciel going to be okay? The referee is freaking out about something." Naruto asks. "Yeah, what was that jutsu Kakashi-sensei?" Pinky asks. "That... jutsu.... was not supposed to be used at all. That guy.... Ikeda Aiko... is known as the Nightmare Generator. He would make you relive your worst memory, and you have a chance of dying depending on your memory. Even if you don't die.... you have 90% chance of going insane and killing yourself. Nobody has ever recorded of anyone surviving the genjutsu... I.... don't think Ciel will survive this... but all we can do is watch." Kakashi says, fearing for his female student. Ciel opens 'his' mouth and black smoke coming out of her mouth. "Its... started." Kakashi tells his students. Naruto clenches the balcony fence. "CIEL! DON'T LOSE! YOU ARE GOING TO LIVE AND BECOME MY BODYGUARD!! YOU PROMISED ME! MAYBE YOU DO, BUT I DON'T ATTEND TO BREAK THAT PROMISE!! WAKE UP!!" Naruto yells, tears streaming down his face. "CIEL-KUN! WAKE UP!! YOU HAVE A DAUGHTER TO COME BACK TO!! DO YOU WANT HER TO WAKE UP AND HEAR THAT YOU ARE DEAD!! WAKE UP!!" Sakura yells, tears streaming down her face as well. Everybody else joins in except for the people who has something against 'him' or don't know 'him' start yelling as well for 'him' to wake up.

*First person pov*

Huh? Where am I? I was just in the aren- this is genjutsu, isn't it? I was currently in some kind of space, completely dark. Seriously, it was all black, is no objects to be seen or anything. I walk a little to the right then walk back. I can't tell if I am going forward or backward, north or south, no sense of direction. Well shit. Then there was a light at the end. Wha? What's that? The light comes closer and envelopes me, and I cover my eyes from the brightness. I feel like I being transported somewhere. I open my eyes and see that I was back at that... time where Olivia murdered me or whatever. Wha... no..... no no no no no NO.... I don't want to see this again... I don't want relive this! Please... someone... get me out of here... I feel my body start walking towards that horrible spot that I was murdered. I try to use every fiber of my being to stop myself but I couldn't. It's going to happen again. I look to my left and see Olivia. "HEY SLUT!" Olivia yelled. No no no no no no no no no no no!! My mouth starts flapping, saying those exact words at that time. Come on you stupid piece of shit of a body, MOVE! Do something! It started. Olivia starts kicking me, using the exact same force from that time. I feel tears in my eyes. I can actually feel the pain... so this is real..... I am going to die this time. Is this going to be the end? I am going to die in the chunin exams? I... couldn't keep my promise to Naruto.... I won't be there for Keiko... I haven't even lived to her first birthday... I couldn't protect Duckbutt from the Pedophile... I haven't done anything to help Naruto in his life... I have- "CIEL! WAKE UP!! ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO DIE?!" Naruto? A bunch of voices cut through my thoughts. It was everyone.... they are cheering for me... they are waiting for me to come back.... No. I can't die yet. I am going to live. I caught the blood covered knife that Olivia was holding. "Wha-" "No. You are not real. Begone, you fucking nightmare!!" I yell and the Genjutsu disappears.

*Third person pov*

Everyone was watching worriedly at Ciel. She had stab wounds, just covered in blood. Naruto was watching intently. "Kakashi-sensei, can't you do something?! You said that you were going to protect us!! And yet you can't even protect Ciel! DO SOMETHING!!" Naruto yells at Kakashi. Kakashi doesn't say a word. "There is nothing. All we can do is watch." Kakashi says. Naruto clenches his fist and looks away. "If Ciel dies, I lost all respect for you." Naruto growls. Sakura looks down at a sleeping Keiko. "Oh god, what are we going to tell Keiko?" Sakura asks herself. Just then, there was a cracking noise echoed throughout the room. All heads turn at Ciel. 'His' skin was cracking, and on the cracks, light was shining through it. It was like Ciel's body was a cocoon for something within it. "Kakashi-sensei! What is happening to Ciel?! Is he dieing?!" Sakura asks fearful. "I don't know! Let's watch and see." Kakashi says. Ciel's skin finally shatters, revealing another Ciel. But the wounds are still there. Ciel sits up, eyes still closed and a green light envelopes 'him'. All of his wounds start healing at an abnormal speed. "CIEL!! YOU ARE ALRIGHT! YEAH!" Naruto cheers and hugs Sakura. "It seems that the genjutsu was broken." Akio mumbles, shocked. Never in his life saw someone break his genjutus. Everybody else cheers. The skin that was cracking is a layer of the genjutsu, if broken, it frees the opponent.