Chapter 42

*First person pov*

I watch as the pebble fall to the ground. "Gah, you stupid Duckbutt! I got this!" I yell at him. "Why are you in our village?" Duckbutt questions. "KYA~ SASUKE-KUN!" Pinky squeals, so did Moegi, hell, even Udon. "Ah, another brat to piss me off." Kitty says. "Get lost." Duckbutt says. I drown out the other voices and my gaze shifts to Gaara, who just arrived. Me and Gaara have a stare down. I stare deep into his deep ocean foam eyes (I still don't know why people describe Gaara's eyes like that XD) "Gaara." I breathe softly, thinking no one will hear, but I was so wrong. Gaara's eyes widen and everyone stares at me. "Oops! Did I say that out loud? GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" I say as I laugh it off. "Kankuro, back off. You're an embarrassment to the village." Gaara says. "Ga-Gaara." Kitty stutters. "Losing yourself in a fight, how pathetic. Why do you think we came to this village?" Gaara questions. "W-Well, t-they started it and..." Kitty tries to explain. "Shut up. Or I'll kill you." Gaara growls. Kitty flinches and backs away. "Ok, I'm sorry." Kitty says. "I'm also sorry, really sorry." Temari also says. He turns to us. "I'm sorry to you guys." Gaara says as he disappears into sand and reappears next to Temari and Kitty. "We didn't come here to play around. Let's go." Gaara said. Before they leave I step up. "Wait. Why are you here? You guys are here for the Chunin Exams, am I right or am I right?" I ask. "That logic made no sense. Well, at least some people aren't living under a rock. Yeah, we're here for the Chunin Exams." Temari says. "What's the Chunin Exams? I never heard of it, believe it." Naruto says. "I believe it alright, that you are completely clueless." Then Temari starts explaining what the Chunin Exams are. Duckbutt jumps down from the tree. "Hey, what's your name?" Duckbutt asks. Temari turns in a heartbeat. "Huh? You mean me?" She points to herself, blushing. "No. The one with the gourd." Duckbutt asks. "Gaara of the desert. I'm also interested in you. What's your name?" Gaara asks. Duckbutt smirks, getting all cocky. "It's Uchiha Sasuke." Duckbutt says. "And you?" Gaara turns to me. Huh? All I did was be incredibly annoying. I shrug and put out a hand. "The name's Ci-" "It's none of your concern." Duckbutt says as he steps in front of me. Ohhhh, I see what's going on. He's getting waaaay too cocky. "Hold up, my name is important, prick. I can tell whoever I want my name. Back off." I step out from behind Duckbutt and put a hand out and smile. "Sorry bout that. My name is Ciel Heartfilia. Nice to meet cha." I introduce myself. Gaara just stared at my hand. "Do you know how to shake hands? Like this..." I say as I try to grab his hand, even though they were crossed. I take a hold of his hand and his eyes widen for some reason. He uncrossed his arms and shakes my hand. "See? Easy." I say. Gaara takes his hand out of mine and stares at his hand. "Hey!! What about me?! I bet you are dying to know my name huh?" Naruto says, getting cocky also. "Not interested. Let's go." Gaara gives me one last glance before leaving. "Hey, Konohamaru,do I look weak?" Naruto asks Konohamaru. "Compared to Sasuke, yes." Konohamaru answers truthfully. Duckbutt walks over to me. "Why did you tell them?" Duckbutt growls. "Cause you can't control my life. You're not my mother. And also, my name is important! You can't just brush me aside like leftovers and hog all of the attention, you asshole!" I yell. He glares at me. "I'm going home. And maybe I can bump into Gaara along the way and become friends with him." I mumble the last sentence. Everyone went silent. "Y-You want to be friends with that g-guy?" Pinky asks. Welp, I got no reason to hide it now. "Yeah." I say. "You can't. I won't allow it." Duckbutt growls. "Yeah! The guy threaten his own teammate! You want to be friends with him?" Naruto agrees. "Naruto, did you notice? He had the exact same eyes you once wore and you still wear it now. Pain and suffering. And I want to get rid of it for good, like I am doing for you right now." I say. Naruto looks down, knowing I am right. I give him a thumbs up. "I'll be fine, believe it!" I say using his catchphrase. "Well I don't. You are not going to meet him again, you hear?" Duckbutt says, but there was something else. "What is your problem? You have been acting very strange lately, and you won't let me fight physically and verbally! You are even staying by my side 24/7. What is wrong with you?" I ask, glaring at him. He glares as well, and we have a glare down. It were with a tie because me and Duckbutt both 'hmphs' look away. "I'm leaving." I announce. "O-Okay, Ciel-kun. Bye." Pinky says, waving. The same with Naruto. Duckbutt was too stubborn to say goodbye so I left. Hmph, what made him think he had the authority to order me around! I walk to the training grounds. Oh well, let's just train already.