Chapter 124

*First person pov*

We've started jumping tree to tree. I activated my eye jutsu. Ciel, what are you doing? I'm gonna to seek out every possible future where everybody lives and Duckbutt comes back. Do you think that it'll work? You'll never know until you try. But you can't do it now. You have a role to play in this squad and if you abandon it by looking into every possible future, you'll get everybody killed! Shit, you're right. What should I do? Leave a shadow clone behind and have it seek out every possible future. Okay, got it. I deactivate my eye jutsu and make a shadow clone. My clone goes into a different direction. "Ciel, what are you doing?" I hear Shikamaru hiss. "Trust me on this, my clone will come in handy." I tell him. "Yeah, but I never gave you any orders to make a clone. You are acting on your own and that might get us killed." Shikamaru hisses. "Okay, you want to know? Because if you do, we'll be here all day." I tell him. "Just tell us." Shikamaru says. Everybody turns their attention to me. "Hm... where do I start... to put it bluntly, I have a eye jutsu that is not discovered that lets me see into the future." I explain them. They were all quiet for a while. "What!? So you knew Sasuke was going to Orochimaru!?" Naruto yells. "Nope. I never knew because I don't regularly check my future." I tell Naruto. "The reason why I made the shadow clone is because I want him to look into every possible future, where we all live and Duckbutt comes back with us." I tell Shikamaru. He stays quiet for a second. "Fine." He drawls. If he continues drawling like that, he'll be an old man before he even finishes his sentence. Kiba flinches and sniffs the air. "What's going on?" Shikamaru asks Kiba. "There's a smell of blood... and close!" Kiba tells us. I sniff the air and a heavy scent of blood fills my nostrils. He was right. A few other scents fills my nose again. 7 scents, including Duckbutt, and the were fighting 2 other ninjas. But 7 of them are moving away from the blood. But... I recall only 4 people with Duckbutt, who's the 5th? It seems like Kiba already explained the situation. "What's the plan?" Kiba asks Shikamaru. "I see, there are people assisting Sasuke." Shikamaru observes. "Well let's hurry up and chase Sasuke!" Naruto yells. "Naruto-nii is not in charge! It's up to Shikamaru-nii to decide!" Keiko shouts. "If you smell the scent of blood then that could only mean that there was some form of combat. If we go there, I bet we can gather some sort of information but... we must approach carefully. We must switch to scouting positions and proceed with caution." Shikamaru explains. "If we were to do that, Sasuke would be crossing the border of the flame country." Neji says. "What are we going to do?" Naruto asked Shikamaru. Shikamaru stops and thinks. "Alright, we'll go after Sasuke!" Shikamaru announces. "Wait Shikamaru! I know some medical ninjutsu or whatever, should I send over a clone and help the two ninjas that are injured?" I ask him. "I don't think it's possible, Kiba would have to show you the way to the ninjas since you don't know where they are." Shikamaru tells me. "But like Kiba, I have sense of smell like a dog. I can find my way over there." I tell Shikamaru. He thinks before answering. "Fine, and explain the situation to the ninjas while you are at it." Shikamaru says. "On it! Kage bunshin no jutsu!" I yell as a clone appears and head towards the scent of blood. "If there was a fight, that only means the enemy's alertness has risen. They must be prepared for oninins(1). This means we'll likely be facing lots of traps and ambushes." Shikamaru tells us. Choji gulps quite loudly. "Alright, from now on, use both of your eyes to their full potential. We have to find them before they can ambush us. Also, if you detect suspicious movement, don't just avoid it! Analyze it!!" Shikamaru tells us. "Alright! If I find them, I'll beat the hell out of them with my new jutsu!!" Naruto yells. A stench fills my nose and Kiba notices as well. "Hey! Enemy stench is all over that place!" Kiba yells, beating me to tell everyone. "Everyone stop!" Shikamaru yells and we all land on the same branch. "Look closer up there!" Shikamaru says. We all look up and there were paper bombs. "Explosive seal... I see 5 more of those. This formation of the 'Barrier Seal'." Neji says, Byakugan on. "Barrier seal? What is that Shikamaru-nii?" Keiko asks Shikamaru. "It's a form of ninjutsu trap. Seal-type traps are triggered when the enemy enters an area encircled by the trap seals. I read in my Dad's book that it's a high class ninjutsu." Shikamaru explains. "Damn, we have no other way than to flank it?" Kiba asks. "Yeah." Shikamaru says. I drool at the sight of the explosive tags. I hadn't eaten breakfast and I'm hungry. "Heeeey Shikamaru. Can I activate the trap and eat the fire? I'm hungry." I ask him. Everybody sweat drops. "Well, okay. Just let us get little ways away from the trap." He says. I cheer and give Naruto Keiko as I jump head first into the trap. The trap explodes and I eat all the fire. "Thanks for the meal~ I'm revved up!" I yell as wipe my mouth. I take Keiko out of Naruto's arms and pet her. "Okay, let's go." Shikamaru says and we leave.

Time skip~

"Damn, the traps keep coming!" I complain. We were walking on the ground for some reason. "Well, at least the enemy doesn't have much time. I see a lot of rushed work." Shikamaru observes. "Hey Naruto, watch out! There's a wire right under you next step! You better not trigger it!" Kiba yells. Naruto crouches down and stares at the wire. He stands up and steps over it. "I know, I know!" Naruto says. I stop him before he plants his foot. "What is it Ciel?" Naruto asks, his foot mid air. "Look closely. There is another wire there." I say as I point to the other wire. "Dammit Naruto! I told you to watch it!" Kiba hisses. Neji crouches down to look at the wires. "I see... one of the wires is intentionally made visible from the reflecting rays, but the other wire is camouflaged in green. It's difficult to detect with the naked eye.... it's a double trap." Neji observes. "Hmm, well-made for a rushed job. But this only means..." Shikamaru says, letting Neji finish. "They are resting, either they are wounded, or it's a trap." Neji says. He turns his Byakugan on and searches the area. "Caught them." Neji tells us after a few seconds. "Alright! Let's go bring Sasuke back!" Naruto yells. "Naruto, sorry, but it's my turn to show off my new trick!" Kiba says. "Me too!" Choji says. "Don't be so hasty, as soon as I get my strategy laid down, we'll engage our target" Shikamaru announces. "Ciel, any word from you clones?" Shikamaru asks. "No, none. But I'm pretty sure the clone that is looking into every possible future is almost finished." I tell Shikamaru. As soon as those words left my mouth, my clone undid the jutsu and came back to me. There was no future where Duckbutt ever came back with us... I guess it had to happen or this anime kinda never happened. But the 5th person... what the hell?! Jellal!? Why is he here!? Maybe this is like Edolas... I don't know. But he doesn't the same magic as the other Jellals. But he is an expert at taijutsu and swordsmanship as well water and earth jutsus. The future that we all survive still is all of the same opponents, and I get Jellal. When I battle Jellal, I'll be in critical condition, and Keiko will be hurt as well but not as badly. "Okay, I got word from my clone. I won't tell much about the future because if we know more than we need, it might change the future I have prepared. I can only tell your opponents. Shikamaru, you take the woman. She has a flute to use to put you in genjutsu and summon like things to eat your chakra." I tell Shikamaru. He groans, complaining about fighting a girl. "Kiba, you're taking the twins. They could deconstruct their body on a molecular level and enter the opponent's body, so be careful. They can also split bodies at will." I tell Kiba. "Leave it to me!" Kiba says and Akamaru barks. "Choji, you are taking the fatass. He eats chakra and has immense strength, making him a formidable opponent." I tell Choji. "Neji, you are taking the spider. He is an intellectual person who you should not take lightly and uses special chakra webs that only you can break with your gentle fist. He uses liquid gold to mold it into arrows and armor." I tell Neji. "Me and Keiko will take the blue haired guy. We will battle it out in individual locations because if we were to battle all in one spot, it would be chaos. That's it everyone." I finish. "Wait! What about me?!" Naruto asks. "You're taking Sasuke." I tell him. "Wait, do you mean I'm fighting him?" Naruto asks. "Yeah. It's important you do." I say. "Wait, why can't you tell us the whole future?" Neji asks. "Because, if I told you everything, you'll try to avoid the bad stuff that's going to happen in this future and without you knowing, it'll lead to a different future good or bad. It's best if I give you small portions of information so the future won't change that much." I tell him. "Ciel is right. Okay, I have a plan thanks to Ciel. Everybody listen up." Shikamaru says.

(1) another word for pursuers.