6

Scorpius' P.O.V

The atmosphere was so thick; I could cut it with a knife. Albus and I were assigned the new room but we never even discussed the baby. I wasn't sure if he wanted the baby but when he told McGonagall that we were keeping, I figured he'd be somewhat a part of the baby's life. Rose knows everything and so does Lily. They're excited about a new baby but were sympathetic about the situation and said they'd help me if he doesn't. We were in our new room which was pretty simple. There were two four poster beds. One decorated in Slytherin colors and the other, Gryffindor. There was a bathroom and a mini living room with couches and a fireplace. I placed my trunk in front of my bed and sat down with a sigh. Albus was curled up on his bed and sure enough, there was that hippogriff Rose was talking about, I suppressed a chuckle.

"I'm sorry." I heard him whisper.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm sorry I got you in this mess." He told me and sat up a little. Tears were slightly in his eyes but he blinked them away. "I didn't know that can happen with you."

"Oh it's okay." I rubbed my neck gently. "I didn't either." I mumbled and stood up. "I um I like your toy." I said and he smiled slightly.

"My mum gave it to me when I was little." He said and his smiled faltered. "I sleep with it every night."

"Oh that's nice." I said and lied on my bed looking at my ceiling. "You don't need to help me you know, there's no pressure."

"Okay." He let out a breath. "I-I can't promise that I always be there." I heard him swallow hard. "But I-I'll try my best." He said and a small smile etched on my face.

"Thank you." I whispered. "You should sleep; I know that's all you want to do."

"How?"

"You and your father were talking loudly." I told him and I heard him scoff.

"Great."

"Don't worry about it." I said. "I'm gonna leave you to your thoughts and see Rose for a little. You rest and I'll wake you up before dinner."

"Okay." He said and flipped over so I didn't see his face. I sighed and got up leaving the room. I walked to the Gryffindor tower, said the password and walked in. Rose was sitting on the couch reading when I cleared my throat. She looked up and gasped.

"What are you doing here?" She asked tossing her book aside and jumping up.

"Wanted to see you." I laughed. "We have an hour before dinner so I figured I'd hang with you." I told her and she smiled. She hugged me tightly.

"How is he?" She asked.

"Albus is alright I suppose. I reckon this won't be easy but we'll manage through it." I told her and she pet the back of my hair.

"Remember we'll be here every step of the way." She said and I chuckled.

"Yes I know." I hugged her tighter. "He told me that he can't promise he'll be there but he's going to try."

"Well he better try hard."

"All I ask is that he tries." I told her and she sighed. She let go of the embrace but gripped my shoulders.

"What are you two doing for the holidays?" She asked. "They are next month."

"I don't know." I shrugged. "I figured we'd go our separate ways."