22

Third Person P.O.V

Albus and Scorpius were curled up with each other. Both had peaceful looks etched on their faces and they seemed to be in bliss. A pecking sound brought them out of their dreamland and they opened their eyes. Scorpius smiled when his eyes fell upon the closeness of the raven haired fellow. Sure they cuddled before but their close proximity was never like this.

"Morning." Albus smiled and leaned in to kiss Scorpius. He pecked his lips once and Scorpius' face was flushed.

"Good morning." Scorpius said. The pecking sound came again so Albus groaned but unraveled himself from Scorpius. He walked to the window and let the owl in. It was his father's owl so he sighed taking the letter from its mouth. He gave it a pet and a treat sending it on its way. "Who's it from?" Scorpius asked groggily.

"My father."

"Oh, read it out loud." Scorpius said and Albus nodded. He got back in bed and sat closely to Scorpius.

Hey Al,

You probably already know this but I'll let you know anyway. I took James out of school and snapped his wand. He's no longer allowed to use magic. He was sent to live with Aunt Petunia. I also got him checked for trauma, nothing was found so he hurt you on his own free will. I am so sorry. You don't deserve the treatment the family puts towards you. You probably really do hate me now since I didn't believe you. Truth is I was shocked that James could possibly harm another one of our family. I love you Al and I wish I could apologize for him; I wish you'd accept that. However, you do not need to. I see now what and how you're feeling. I am sorry you're in so much pain and I vow to keep my distance as long as you want me to. I love you Al and I will always be here if you need me

-Love Dad

Albus took a deep shaky breath and he looked at Scorpius.

"At least he feels bad." Scorpius pointed out.

"I suppose." Albus sighed and Scorpius kissed his cheek.

"What are you afraid?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're scared." Scorpius said. "I can tell by your eyes. What's the worst that can happen if you let your father back in your life?"

"Still recovering." He said and Scorpius nodded. "But I'm afraid that when the time comes, I'll let my guard down and let him in again. My mum told me-"

"What are you talking about?"

"My mum, she came to me in a dream and told me to forgive me him. She said to me that I should tell him why I need to leave him." Albus said and at Scorpius' look he bit his lip. "You think I'm mad." He whispered and Scorpius chuckled.

"I don't think you're mad." He gently threaded fingers through his hair. "I think it's normal. You need to heal and if you're mother is watching over you, then she is doing that. I think it's great that you got some kind of closure."

"Okay." Albus gave a shy smile. "Anyway, I'm afraid that I let him in, I'll be hurt again."

"Scared of the unknown?"

"Yes." Albus sighed. "It's just, I've been treated terribly for awhile and then all of a sudden, everything changes. I feel like I'm going to be pitied."

"Well then let yourself be pitied." Scorpius kissed his cheek. "It's better than not having a relationship at all." Scorpius said and Albus nodded.