25

Trigger Warning 

Third Person P.O.V

Albus lied limp and bloody in the hospital bed. He had been unconscious for an hour when Harry finally got to the school. Scorpius was sitting at his bedside as Snape, Promfrey, McGonagall stood around him.

"Mister Potter?" McGonagall sounded surprised. He just lifted his hand and handed her the letter.

"H-he sent you one too?" Scorpius croaked.

"I- just got it." Harry said and swallowed hard. "Well after I've calmed down." He made his way to his son and gently stroked his head. "Where was he?

"In the dungeons, he tried to slit his wrists with his wand." Snape declared. Scorpius let out a strangled cry. Harry gently stranded his fingers through Scorpius' hair and soothed him.

"Has Mister Malfoy been notified, being his doctor, he should be." Harry said and he felt Scorpius relax under his gentle touch.

"We'll notify him right away." McGonagall said and Harry looked up.

"Why is he still out Poppy?" He asked softly.

"He lost a lot of blood, presumably, and he's emotionally distraught." She explained. "He'll pull through."

"Okay." He nodded and sighed. Harry took the seat on the other side of the bed and stayed by his son's bed. He looked at his sons wrists, they were bandaged tightly. His face was pale and looking lifeless. "Can you three give us some time?" He asked the adults.

"Certainly, we'll notify mister Malfoy and allow him to come as soon as Albus wakes up." Snape said and Harry nodded. They left and Scorpius was nuzzling his face into Albus' side.

"Scorpius, how about you get some rest?" Harry said softly and Scorpius shook his head. He lifted his face and looked at Harry.

"I-I can't d-do this without him." He told Harry. "I-I can't l-lose him." He said and Harry nodded.

"I know, but you need to relax. Relax for your baby." He assured and Scorpius swallowed. He sat back and gently rubbed his belly.

"I've felt him move you know. Albus isn't able to feel cause he's not kicking but he's moving." He sniffled.

"It's a boy?" Harry asked elated.

"We don't know for sure but we decided to call him he." Scorpius smiled sadly rubbing his belly.

"Well I'm sure you'll be happy no matter what your child is." Harry smiled and Scorpius nodded. He stifled out a little yawn. "Come here." Harry advised and he did. Harry stood up and transfigured the plastic chair Scorpius was sitting in, into a bed with a fluffy comforter. "Go ahead, this way, you're close to him." Harry urged and Scorpius did something that surprised him, he hugged him.

"Thank you Harry." He whispered. "Goodnight."

"Sleep well Scorpius." Harry said. Scorpius nodded and snuggled under the comforter. He slowly closed his eyes and fell asleep. Harry smiled at his son's boyfriend; he was holding Albus' hand gently and he looked really peaceful. Harry's thoughts drifted and he couldn't bear to lose his son the same way he lost his wife. It really did split up the family and it was an eye opener for him. He knew his son was sick but didn't think it was to that extend. He thought his son was going to be okay and that proved he wasn't getting better. He was stuck; he didn't know how to help his child. He already promised to stay away but obviously that wasn't what he needed, he needed his father to be there and he vowed to himself that he'll finally be the father Albus needed.