20

Scorpius' P.O.V

It was the weekend and Albus hadn't woken up yet. That would make it day three. Promfrey said he was just recovering from the trauma which very well could be the case. They hadn't found out who did because most of the Slytherin's weren't complying and the ones who were were the suspects. I walked into the hospital wing and Albus looked so peaceful. He was pale but didn't need the oxygen mask anymore. I smiled and since he was on the edge of the bed I curled up to him lying on the bed.

"Snake you should wake up some time soon." I whispered. "Our dorm is really lonely without you." I whispered. "I brought your hippogriff in case you wake up while I'm not here, so you're not lonely." I said and then swallowed hard. I lifted his arm so the hippogriff was under it. "I love you so much and you wouldn't believe it, your father visits you every day after work with special permission of course. He's really worried about you and I can't blame him, I'm worried too." I blinked away the tears that were threatening to fall. I pressed a kiss to his temple and cuddled him closely to my chest. I closed my eyes only to be awakened by the loudness of a door swinging open. Harry was walking over to is and he smiled slightly.

"How is he doing?" He asked sitting next to him.

"The same I guess." I told him and he nodded. His eyes fell on the hippogriff and he smiled.

"Ginny gave that to him when he was born. He loved that thing."
"He still loves it, sleeps with it every night. I reckon it's his security blanket, last thing connected to his mother." I said and Harry gulped while nodding.

"Did he tell you? Did he tell you what happened that day?" He asked and I nodded.

"Sir, I think he's told me in more detail than he's told my father. It-what happened-seems horrific to anyone." I said.

"You must think really poorly of me." He said sadly and I shook my head.

"No sir, I don't think any less of you." I told him truthfully. "Albus, well Albus is sick and just because his illness is brought on by um I guess neglect." I bit my lip and sighed. "But just because he's struggling with it doesn't mean I have to hate you or anything. Sure he's my boyfriend and I love him, it's just, I don't go around telling him who to hate. I have a mind of my own and he respects that."

"I am happy to hear that Scorpius, thank you."
"And if it's anything, I told Albus you should be a part of the baby's life." I told him and gently rubbed on the forming bump.

"He probably didn't want me to be a part of anything." He told me and I shook my head.

"It's just, you know the healing process sir, he needs to heal. He loves you sir and I know he does. But he needs time to realize it and if that takes a long time, you'll just have to be patient."

"Okay." He nodded. "I can do that for him."
"If he hasn't learned how to deal with you by the time we have our little bundle, I'll have him owl you and send pictures."

"Thank you Scorpius, it means a lot." He said. A silence fell between us but it wasn't for long because a stirring between us startled us.

"D-dad?" Albus' voice barely came out in a whisper and I looked at Harry who was looking at his son.

"Al, I'm here." He croaked. "Can you open your eyes?" He asked and Albus let out a groan but slowly his eyes opened. They winced at the shining light but adjusted. He looked around and they began to be panicked.