18

Harry's P.O.V

"So when you get back, just leave your brother alone." I told the kids. "It's not fair to him."
"It's not fair to him?! He's being irrational dad!" James yelled. "He needs to fucking suck it up and grow up."

"James Sirius!" I yelled. "Your brother is sick! He needs proper care and you bothering him aren't going to help him."

"Well he needs to grow up."

"Yeah he's being really ungrateful." Lily chimed in.

"Guys, stop." I yelled. "Either you leave him alone or he'll never come back."

"What do you mean?"

"He wants me to revoke my guardianship."

"What?!"

"I am doing the best I can to help heal him. You need to treat him with respect because your brother is feeling really unloved. And by respect, I mean leave him alone. Don't talk to him unless he comes to you, am I understood?"

"It's his fault." Lily mumbled.

"What's his fault?"

"Mum killed herself when he was home; obviously she wanted him to find her because it was his fault."

"Lily Luna, never say that again!" I screamed and her eyes widened. "Your brother was ten! Ten years old." I told her and she huffed. "I can't believe you would even get an idea like that! Where did you get that from?" I asked and her eyes wondered to James who was now looking down. "I understand now, that's why you're so hostile towards your brother! You think it's his fault. How could you guys even begin to think that?"

"Why else would he be the one to find her?" James asked looking up. "She specifically did it when he was there, alone with her. He was the one who found her and he did nothing to help her."

"Enough!" I shouted getting their attention. "Both of you go to your rooms because at the moment, I can't stand to look at you two. You two need to learn that your brother had no way of saving her and if that's why you're so mean to him, then I don't know where I went wrong. Potters stick together and I suppose you two forgot that."

"He had too."

"Maybe he forgot after you did." I spat and James looked down again. "Go to your rooms." I said and they left without another word. I huffed and poured myself a drink. It had only been an hour since Draco came over to tell me what was going on. I was causing my son an insufferable amount of pain but I couldn't lose him. He was my little boy, my mini me. I just don't know where I went wrong. Despite the fact I never followed up because I didn't think he'd worsen, there had to be something. I was starting to think that I did think of him as a burden. I poured myself some firewhiskey and took a shot. A pecking at my window made me jump and look. It was a black owl with green eyes, Albus' owl. I smiled because I remember when he asked me for one. He had a ferret but decided he didn't want it. He was excited about the owl because he said it reminded him of us. Tears prickled at my eyes as I made my way over to it. I let it in and scratched it taking the letter. I fed it something and it flew off.

Dad,

I'm sorry of how things ended on Saturday. I'm just really sick and I can't control my emotions sometimes. You're a big trigger of everything that I kept bottled up. I'm not sure why but you are. Part of the reason I want to live at Mister Malfoy's is because of the trigger, I just wanna get better. The other part is I need to be there for Scorpius, he's my boyfriend now and carrying my child, I vowed to him that I would be there for him and if that means staying with him, then so be it. I know this is hard on you and I apologize for that but you just need to understand that I am not well. I do not know when everything will get better but I can assure you with proper treatment, it will be gradual but I will recover. You and I have some unresolved feelings but it's too much to explain on paper but it's not a good idea to see you. You don't need to give up guardianship however I am asking for leeway in order for me to take care of my family. I may have resentment for you now dad, its more anger than anything. But somewhere in my heart, I know I love you. Just let me know.