30

Albus' P.O.V

Like I had been for the past few days, I sat on the window sill. If I didn't have visitors, I'd stay in my room only coming out when I needed to for lunch, to use the bathroom or a shower (there wasn't my own bathroom in my room). I'd spend my days taking my potions, talking to Draco, talking to Cynthia at meals, and in my room doing nothing of importance. If you asked me, I'd say I was recovering but Draco said I was just isolating myself.

"Albus?" There was a knock on my door. I looked from the window to the door and Draco was standing there.

"Yes?"

"Your father is here." He said and I nodded. He told my father he could come in and my father appeared. My stomach tied into a knot, I was nervous. Draco said something to him making my father nod and continued into the room.

"Hey Al." He smiled and I turned to face him. I let my feet dangle from the window sill so I can lean against the window. My father took the chair from the desk and sat in front of me. "How are you doing?" He asked and I shrugged letting myself relax.

"I feeling like I'm getting better."

"But?"

"Mister Draco thinks I'm ostracizing myself from the rest of the people here." I explained.

"Well what do you do on a regular day? When people don't come see you?

"I stay in here unless I need to eat."

"Well why?" He asked and I sighed.

"There's not much to do here." I said and looked down. "Rather boring."

"Well when people do visits?"

"We're allowed to take them on a walk around the grounds like to the gardens." I told him.

"Okay. Well how many people have come to see you since admission?"

"Three... well four including you."

"And you've been here for about a week, that's good. Are you making friends?"

"I met a girl named Cynthia, we eat meals together."

"Anyone else?"

"I'm not here to make friends." I told him. It wasn't meant to be mean and he didn't take it that way so it was good.

"You're here to heal." He agreed. "So you wanna go for a walk?"

"Sure." I hopped down and we walked out of my stuffy room. The window didn't open. Draco was at the front desk and he caught my eyes. I motioned towards the door and he nodded. We started walking in silence as I lead the way.

"So, how is work?" I asked awkwardly.

"It's going well. I stopped doing missions, I'm on desk duty." He said and I nodded. "How is erm James?" I asked flinching slightly.

"Al, we don't need to talk about him."

"No maybe hearing about him will help." I said and took a deep breath willing away the thoughts that were creeping into my mind. Even if I was on countless potions (two) it didn't prevent me from remembering.

"Okay." He said hesitantly. "Aunt Petunia thinks he's an awful child for trying to kill you, makes him do everything I had to, and made him get a job. He's holding a grudge against me and refuses to speak to me or your sister so yeah, I guess he's alright."