28

This chapter is dedicated to kittay_cat for guessing the surprise character (finally) ;)
Trigger warning

Albus' P.O.V

I uncurled myself from my fetal position in my new bed. I was used to sleeping with my hippogriff but in all the chaos, I left it at school. There was a knock at my door and then mister- Draco walked in.

"Morning Albus how are you today?" He asked and I blinked at him for a few seconds.

"Sir, can I have things?" I asked ignoring his question.

"What kind of things?" He asked taking the desk chair and sitting in front of me as I sat up in the bed.

"Like um toys." I blushed and he grew an amused expression. "You see, I've slept with my stuffed hippogriff every day, give or take, since I was born. My mum gave it to me and I um since I was so out of it, I forgot to grab it." I told him and he nodded.

"Well this will be your room and we want you to be comfortable." He said. "I can ask to have someone bring it to you, do you need it today?" He asked and I bit my lip.

"Today would be best." I nodded and he sighed.

"Alright well I'll see what I can do." He smiled. "Now getting back to my question, how are you feeling?"

"Um I didn't have any nightmares last night. It was just kind of sleep."

"Well that's good." He nodded. "You should eat before we give you the anti depressant potion. Now get ready cause breakfast starts in ten minutes." He said and then got up.

"Wait sir, I have to leave to eat?" I asked and he let out a laugh.

"Well you have to do that at Hogwarts don't you?" He asked and I nodded. "It's not different here; the eating area is out your door to the left. Sit wherever and you'll be served." He said and I nodded slowly. "Better get a move on." He said and then left. I sighed and got out of bed. I quickly got dressed and then walked out. I looked around and found an empty table. I sat down and looked around the room. It was spacious and filled with witches and wizards of all ages. I must have been looking around for too long because I didn't see a girl around my age sit down.

"You must be new here." She said. I looked at her and blinked a few times. She had long blonde hair that must have reached the small of her back. She had piercing blue eyes and she reminded me of a girl version of Scorpius.

"Yeah I um just came yesterday." I mumbled and she looked at my arms. Picking up my hand, she stared at my bandaged wrist.

"I see they're new."

"Yeah." I agreed. "Earlier yesterday morning I tried to do it." I told her.

"Oh well it's good someone found you. How long are you here for?" She asked.

"Mister Malfoy said maybe a month, how about you?" I asked.

"I have been here for two weeks so hopefully I get out soon." She told me. "And how did you swing Healer Malfoy?"

"What do you mean?"

"He, from what I heard, only sees adult purebloods. You're not a pureblood nor an adult."

"How did you know I am not a pureblood?"

"Cause you are the spitting image of your father, the boy who saved the wizarding world." She said. "He was only a half blood."