Almost perfect

Lucas

Kissing Maya was more satisfying than I could have ever imagined. Of course I knew I wanted to kiss her, I like her, I like her so damn much, but this kiss goes beyond anything that I thought I wanted. I've kissed girls before but I've never felt a kiss that radiates through my entire body. And I've sure never kissed a girl like this.

I have her bent at a 45 degree angle and it just keeps getting farther. I just can't get enough of her. The hand in my hair squeezes again and I bite back a moan.

She kisses me with so much force you'd think the world was ending. And I love it. I hold her even tighter, needing more of her. My lips are starting to bruise, but I couldn't care less, I just keep massaging them into hers, matching her need. Every time I stroke her tongue with mine, her arms squeeze me tighter and I love it. If we don't stop soon I'm for sure going to pass out. And I can't find it in myself to care.

She pulls away first, but only to catch her breath, which is good because if she hadn't pulled away I don't know if I ever would have. It was as if I was hypnotized by the kiss, as if oxygen wasn't the thing I lived off anymore, it was her. I don't know how long we kissed, it could have been hours for all I know. Her arms don't ease from my shoulders, her hand still in my hair, slowly stroking.

I lean forward, letting our foreheads touch as our gasping breaths returns to normal. I don't dare let go of her. She moves her hand down my arm and intertwines her fingers in mine. Something I never thought I'd be able to do with her. My heart is going to burst. I smile at her and she smiles back. I just can't believe we're here, her and I, after all the teasing and drama, we're together, and that brings me more joy than I thought was possible. I rub my forehead against hers and close my eyes, wrapping my arms around her. She sighs and closes her eyes. I never take mine off of her.

That day was the best, we didn't kiss again, but that doesn't bother me, we hung out and just enjoyed being around each other. Of course we did things a bit differently than we did before. We sat closer together on the couch, we laughed more. There was still a great amount of teasing from both of us, but that was good, it made me know she cared, that she wanted us as much as I did.

"Goodnight," I say as we head up the stairs. She reaches behind her and grabs my hand. We stop at the top of the stairs.

"This is good," she says. I take her free hand with mine.

"It is," I reply. We look at each other and it must seem pretty cheesy to be just looking at each other, but I don't care. I knew that her eyes were pretty, but wow. They're pure blue, as if looking into the bottom of a pool when the sun is shining onto it. I smile at the thought, I've always loved to swim.

I bend down and kiss her quickly. "Goodnight," I repeat.

"'Night," she says back, swaying into me. I walk to my parents room as she goes into mine. I sleep like a baby, having had the best day I've had in years

                                       . . .

I wake up with a jolt. What woke me? I stay still, trying to hear but there's no sound outside. I wasn't having a bad dream either. I'd like to think that there was nothing, but people don't just shoot up from their sleep for no reason. Maybe it was a quick earthquake or something.

Might as well check on Maya while I'm up. I get up out of bed and go to my room. I open the door quietly. I look to my bed, but it's empty. That's when I see her on my floor. The covers are pulled from the bed, leading right to her. She's shaking forcefully.

"Maya?!" I yell. She doesn't seem to hear me and I run straight to her. Her eyes are closed but her eyebrows are furrowed together as if in pain. Her body is shaking and her teeth are clenched, it almost looks like she's having a seizure.

"Maya?!" She doesn't open her eyes or stop shaking. I have to call 911 but my phone's in my parents room and I don't want to leave her. I yell in frustration and I get up and sprint to my parents room. I grab my phone and run back. I fall to the floor once again and stroke her hair as I dial.

"911 what's your emergency?" I hear a voice say on the other end of the phone.

I don't hesitate, "I think my friend's having a seizure," I say, trying to hold back my absolute panic. "Please, she's shaking and I don't think she can hear me! Please I need an ambulance. My address is 1731 Beacon Court," I can feel tears now. She looks so little and scared, and it hurts me that I can't help her. "please hurry,"

"Don't worry, an ambulance is on its way," I put the phone down and wrap my arms around Maya, pulling her whole body into my lap. It's hard with how forcefully she's shaking but I just hold on tighter, shoving my face into her hair "Hang on Maya, you'll be ok," although I think I'm more telling myself that than her. I rock, praying and hoping and begging that I'm right.