Back

Maya

     "What?" Lucas asks me, confused.

     "Please, being with you and in this house is already making me remember things, if you kiss me it might help get all my memories back! You said we love each other and that can be what helps me," I say, trying to plead my case.

        Lucas looks down, thinking about it. "You know I want to," he says, not looking at me. "But, are you sure?" I nod vigorously. He looks hesitant.

        "I need to get better," I say. He sighs and looks at me.

         "Okay," I scoot closer to him, waiting. He gently takes my hands and looks at me. "Close your eyes," I do. I can feel him getting closer and then I feel his lips on mine.

        It's nothing like Archie's kiss, I feel something with this one. It's like an explosion in my chest, fire speeding through my body. My head erupts with color, with images. I see my life. I'm remembering, I'm remembering everything. Not just Lucas, but Riley, my mom, school, the Matthews, everything. I remember how many times Lucas has saved me, how much he loves me, how much I love him.

       He pulls away. I slowly open my eyes. He's looking at me intently. My heart races and I grin. "I remember," I say, too quickly.

        "What?" He asks.

       "I remember, I'm me," I'm too happy to stop smiling.

        "You're back?" He asks hopefully. He's not sure if he believes me.

        "I'm back, I'm me," I say, wanting to jump for joy. I tap my feet, so happy.

         "Seriously?" He asks, a hint of a smile on his lips. I nod, i nod so much. He laughs a little Lucas laugh. "Oh my god!" I do a little girly scream and he stands up and hugs me. He pulls me from the couch and spins me around. I wrap my arms and legs around him and laugh. "You're back!" He yells.

         He slows down and smiles at me. "I can't believe this," he whispers, putting his forehead to mine and tightening his hold on my back.

        "Well believe it Ranger Rick," I look into his green eyes, so full of hope and excitement. I lean my head in and kiss him. I don't care that my hair is crazy from the spinning or that my t-shirt is ugly, I care that I'm here, with him, and I know that he doesn't care about those things either.

        "I love you so much," he says pulling away from the kiss for just enough time to say that before covering my mouth with his again. I smile into the kiss and wrap my arms tighter against his neck. His hands slide from my back to my butt, supporting me more.

       He bends down and puts my butt on the couch, still kissing me and kneeling in front of me. His hands move to my knees. I pull away to breathe, panting almost.

       "I've missed you, short stack," he says, also pulling back to look at me.

        "Yeah, I can feel that you missed me," I say, holding in a laugh. Lucas looks down and back up quickly.

         "Oops, I'm sorry," he says, I think he would be embarrassed if it hadn't happened a few times already.

        "I can't blame you, I am a good kisser," I say doing a fake hair flip.

         "Good to have you back, Miss Ego," he says tauntingly and stands up.

           "Don't go," I say quickly, grabbing his shirt and holding on. He bends down and kisses my nose. "I want to keep going too, but you just went through a a whole lot, you need time to recollect yourself," he says. I shake my head and close my eyes, not letting go of his shirt. I bring my free hand up to his neck and open my eyes.

        "I don't need time, I need you," I say. He looks at me, conflicted. I plead with my eyes. I've been waiting for so long, it's time.

        "Are you absolutely sure?" He asks.

         "So sure. I'm ready," I say, stroking his neck. I can tell he's ready too, that he wants to do it as much as I do

          "Okay," he agrees.