'Bout Time

Maya

      I wake up to a bright room. This time around I know exactly where I am. I've been in here more than enough times to recognize it by scent alone. Just knowing that I'm at Lucas's makes me feel safer than I have all week. Something about it being day time again and not night calms me. I lay here in bed for a second, just looking out the window, relishing in this rare feeling. That is of course when I realize that there's something on my arm. I look down, and Lucas's arm is around my stomach and our hands are intertwined.

       I take a gasping inhale quietly. Maybe it wasn't just the room making me feel so okay. I have my security blanket wrapped around me. And I do mean wrapped. One of his legs is just slightly in between mine while his other arm is under my head, making the most perfect pillow that's the most amazing mixture of hard and soft. The secure feeling that just being held by him gives me is so good, i can my throat close up as tears try to break free. I've never had this before. Can this really work though? Him and I? His life is quite literally perfect, great parents, big house, a bunch of friends (and he's hot). Would me getting involved with him just ruin all that? I'd be a dark spot in the brightness that is his life. Just in case this isn't what he wants after all, I slowly unlace my fingers from his and pull my hand away. He said he likes me, but maybe he hasn't thought it all the way through. I don't fit here. In one swift motion, I pull myself away from him and roll onto the floor. My hands try to keep my landing from being too loud.

       I hear him move and I poke my head up from the floor. He's stretching, and I can't seem to tear my eyes away from his big, muscly, tan arms. I want to lay down on them again. No, I want him to wrap them around me. No, I want to bite them. He opens his eyes and I reluctantly tear my eyes from his yummy arms and look at him.

      "Morning," I say casually. I yawn trying to sell that I had just woken up and totally wasn't staring at him. Or on the floor.

      "Morning," he laughs and props himself up on his elbow. "What are you doing on the floor?"

      "Nothing, must have fallen out of bed," I say casually, standing up. It occurs to me that I was on the other side of him when I feel asleep. We must have switched places in our sleep...somehow. Or he moved me? Huh. He stands up too, letting out a groan that takes my mind to some seriously inappropriate places. I try to distract myself from his adorably messy morning hair. It's hard. I'm sure mine looks like a birds nest.

      "So I was thinking we could go outside today," he says getting up trying to find his socks.

      "Sure, sounds fun. What would we do?" I look around for my clothes. I don't particularly want to leave, but it's his house and what he says goes. I don't want to make his life even harder by arguing.

     "I don't know, we could go out to lunch, go to the park, movies, museum," I laugh at that one. "Yeah, I thought you might not go for that," he says laughing. I like art, but museums bore me to tears. He tosses me my shirt and I toss him his last sock that was hanging out on his chair. He smiles and puts it on.

       "Any of the other things that aren't museums would be nice though," I say collecting my jeans from the floor. "But for now I'm just gonna shower."

      "Okay, I'll go make breakfast," he gets up and follows me out the door.

      "Thanks," I yell as I close the bathroom door.

       After my shower I put on my semi-clean clothes and brush my teeth. I brush my hair as well as I can. It's good that I don't wear a lot of makeup or else I would totally be freaking out over how I look right now without it. I do wish I looked a little better though. My eyelashes aren't super dark thanks to my blonde hair and my face is all red from the shower. Also probably thanks to my blonde hair genes. I go down the stairs after putting Lucas's clothes in our room. His room! I shake my head. I need to go home soon before I get too used to this.