I Has Stealth

Lucas

The bus pulls up to the school and the whole team stumbles out happily, we won the game! I only made two shots but that doesn't matter, we won!

We're all hooting with our fists in the air in celebration. That's when I hear the screaming. I slowly lower my arm and look towards the school. Kids are running out like a swarm of ants. I look around confused, looking for some kind of explanation, but none of my teammates seem to know what's going on either.

"Lucas!" I look to my right and see Riley and Farkle running towards me. Riley almost crashes into me she's running so fast.

"Woah woah, what's going on?" I ask patting Farkle's back as he bends over and breathes heavily.

"There's," Riley gets out gasping. "There someone with a gun. In the school," she bends over, either heaving or crying.

"It's ok," I say patting her back. A gun!? Holy shiznuts get me out a here! Is what I'm really thinking. "Are you two hurt?" I ask. They shake they're heads saying no.

"But It's not that," she says looking me in the eyes as a tear falls off her cheek. "It's Maya, she's still in there, I lost her and by the time I realized she wasn't behind me it was too late. I thought she was following me, I'm sorry," I literally feel my stomach drop. Maya's still in there? In the place where someone has friggin gun!? I hear police sirens coming, but they aren't coming quick enough. I put a foot forward, not thinking.

"Stop!" I hear Farkle say as he grabs my shirt and yanks me back.

"She's still in there!" I yell. How can he not let me go in!?

"The police will take care of it," he says. I scoff.

"Everyone in the bus!" I hear the coach yell. Farkle looks at me sternly.

"Do you really believe that?" I ask him, i don't know what the police are like here, but in Texas, let's just say they weren't the most sober of people. "It's Maya,"

Coach is pushing every kid he sees into the bus. No way I'm leaving. I take swift steps so Farkle can't catch me again. I hear him and Riley yelling for me to stop, but we all know I won't. We all know I can't. The coach is yelling now also, but it's too late.

I run in through the gym doors. I look around and grab the first baseball bat I see and run on. The doors echo behind me, making more noise than I had hoped for. I infinite them and move swiftly through the quiet halls. I look through every window I pass. With every window I get more and more angry. Where is she!?

And then I hear a something from somewhere behind me. Something like a door or something being hit. I duck around the corner. I try to control my breathing, anger and impatience eat at me. After a couple minutes, I don't hear any footsteps following the noise, so I get up and keep searching.