Ch. 1

"We have to go out tonight!" Kay yelled to me and Nina.
"Okay where were you thinking Kay," I asked.
"Let's go to the movies and see Man of Steel again. Dylan Sprayberry is sooooo hot!!" Kay yelled.
"I have no problems with that. Anything to see a hot guy," Nina said.
"Yea, lets go," I said.

While getting ready for the movie, Nina said, "hey Steph are you getting new neighbors across the street?" What? "Um, I don't think so." I looked out the window and sure enough, there was a moving truck. "Apparently we are," I said.

I looked out the window and so far all I can see are moving people. Maybe the new people aren't here yet, I thought. Anyways, I snapped out of my thoughts when Kay screamed, "Let's go to the movie!" We al agreed and walked to the movie theater.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That movie will never get old! I can watch it a million times and still love it!" Nina said. "You only like it because all of the guys are super hot," I said. "Well, except for that Zod guy," Kay said, laughing.

Once we go home, I noticed the lights were on in the house across the street. I tried to look in the windows but all I saw was a TV on and the lights on, no people.

"Steph, your new neighbors are going to be so much fun," Kay said, sarcastically. "I know right, look I tell they are watching the History Channel. So much fun. I bet they are old people," Nina said.

"Haha, they sound so fun, anyways this is my stop. Be safe walking home," I said. "Bye Steph!" They bothed yelled to me at the same time.

I walked inside to an empty house. It was 9p.m. and my dad was who I live with. I'm an only child and my mom died when I was 5. My dad isn't very nice to me and is usually out with his friends at the bar everyday and every night. "Yeah, home sweet home," I sighed while walking to my room.

Our house was always quiet so I spent most of my time at Kay or Nina's home. Their parents understand my life and truthfully are more of parents to me than my own father. My dad's habit got worst year by year but when I was 12 was when my life got to be like this. He still pays for my schooling and for food, which I'm happy for. The one thing I am most grateful for is that my dad isn't violent.

 I got to my bedroom and got ready for bed. I put my hair in a bun, threw on my pajamas and a hoodie, and went downstairs to watch TV for a little bit. I settled on watching Friends and fell asleep halfway through the episode.