Ch. 49

Steph POV

I walked into Karen’s house and Danny greeted me at the door.

“Steph, I need you to make me a sandwich,” he said.

I groaned and pulled back. “Danny, it’s Christmas I will make you one tomorrow.”

He said fine and we walked into the family room by the rest of the family. I was greeted by hugs and kisses on the cheek. I smiled and sat next to Danny and Albert, who was invited to stay for the holidays. We stayed and talked for a while and it was eventually time for presents. I gave Danny his first and his face lit up. He tackled me to the ground and gave me a death grip hug. I smiled and hugged him back.

“Steph, I can’t believe you got the sneakers! I have wanted these for 2 months!”

I laughed and he sat me back up. Everyone else opened their presents and thanked me. I got Karen a necklace with a silver heart on it, Jeff tickets to a baseball game during spring training, and Papa got a new typewriter I found at a thrift store, considering his was old and barely worked. There was one last present and that was Karen’s to Jeff. I smiled in anticipation as he opened it.

“Oh my God!”

I smiled and Danny’s mouth dropped. Jeff hugged Karen and spun her around. He kissed her and I felt my heart swell. He loves her so much and I love that Harry is like that with me too.

“Okay, please stop your happy dance. This is gross,” Danny said and I batted his arm.

“Grow up Danny, they are happy and you’re going to be a big brother.”

He groaned and made it very clear he isn’t changing any diapers. We laughed and walked into the kitchen to eat a late breakfast. Danny and I sat next to each other and talked most of the time. Papa was so happy about the baby and Albert was too. Albert had to leave early because he was going out of state this evening to meet up with his family. After breakfast, we went into the living room and talked about the baby. Karen already picked out 2 names and Jeff was just so thrilled he agreed with the names that she told us, which was Elijah or Reagan. The both matched well with the last name Giano so we all agreed they were cute names.

After talking for a while, Danny and I went to his room and talked for a while. He was grossed out that Karen and Jeff did ‘it’ and I laughed. I said it was fine because they love each other, but he just made a gagging noise. Danny challenged me to a game on the X-Box that I never heard of, but I totally crushed him. When I actually realized I killed him, I cheered for joy and he stared at the screen with wide eyes and an open mouth.

“I demand a rematch,” he said. I laughed.

“Never, because I just crushed you.”

I walked into my room and grabbed my journals that I wrote for Harry. They were wrapped in a bag and I made sure he couldn’t peek into the bag. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen to see Jeff rubbing Karen’s stomach.