Ch.10

Harry POV

I woke up at 8 and watched Steph sleep. She is so beautiful. I wish I could wake up to her face every morning. I decided to make my way to my room, threw on a white V-neck and black skinny jeans. I walked to the kitchen and saw my mum.

"Hi Harry, how are you?" she asked.

"I'm okay."

"Where've you been the past 2 weeks?"

"I went to LA to help out Zayn. Sorry I didn't tell you." I seriously was sorry. I left because I was angry and wasn't thinking.

"Well, I'm glad your back safe. I have a bit of surprise."

"Oh, I know. Steph is in the guest bedroom."

"Oh, yes. How did you know?"

"I came home last night around midnight from my flight. I was about to go to sleep and I heard crying. I went to the guest room and saw Steph. I walked over and gave her a hug, but then she wanted me to stay. Mum, what is going on?"

"Well, she hasn't talked much for the 2 weeks that she's been here." I cut her off.

"She's been here for 2 weeks! Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Well, you left and made me feel like you didn't care. Anyways, she has been through a lot. A day after you left, she was home all day and the next morning is when I saw 2 police cars drive to her house, lights on. Well, I walked out and heard the most terrifying news," she paused and looked at me with puppy eyes.

"Steph's father was shot and killed in Las Vegas. She had no one to take custody of her so I decided to take her in. We did not adopt her for your sake," she winked at me, "she is a foster child, but is staying with us as a permanent home. Her mom has already passed when she was young and neither parents had siblings or parents left, so she is alone. Harry, I am telling you the truth when I say that you are the only one she has aloud in her room."

I was shocked to her this. I immediately went a hugged my mum because she was teary eyed. I excused myself to go upstairs and check on Steph. I knocked on the door, only to be greeted by an empty room. I walked over to the balcony and see Steph sitting with her knees pulled up to her chest and tears streaming down her face.

Steph POV

I woke up at about 9 and decided to put my leggings and hoodie on. I walked over to the balcony and sat there. I brought my knees to my chest and started thinking about everything I ever did with my family. My earliest memories with my mom, to my most recent nightmares of my current life. Nothing is right in my life and I don't see anything better coming my way. I started crying, wishing I had my mom here to help me. I know she's there with me right now, but I wish she was still alive. I hate cancer. She was too young to go. My mom fought for her life but cancer ended up winning. I miss her like crazy and I immediately start silently sobbing. I felt a pair of arms pull me onto their lap and start rubbing circles on my back. I started to calm down, enough to look up and see Harry.

"Hey, are you okay?" he asked. I wonder if he knows? Did his mom tell him or am I still in the dark to him.

"I getting better. Do you know?" I asked. I really hope he did. I don't feel like repeating the current events of my life.

"Yes I know. Have you told anyone besides my family and your boyfriend?" Oh God, he brought up Hunter. That made my cry even more.

"Hey hey, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Do you want to talk about it?" I thought about his question. I do, I need to talk about it. I nodded my head and made my way off his lap and faced him, both of us sitting Indian style across from each other.