Chapter Seventeen

Scott's P.O.V

As soon as our lips touch every thought of holding back immediately leaves my mind. Abby doesn't respond to me right away, she stiffens up slightly but I just push myself into her more until she finally slips her arms around my neck and kisses me back. I smile against her lips as I pick her, making her gasp and lay both of us down on the couch. I lick her bottom lip asking for entrance but to my surprise she doesn't grant it right away. I tug at her bottom lip with my teeth and when she moans I take the opportunity to slip my tongue into her mouth.

My tongue explores her mouth and I gasp in pleasure when she tugs at the ends of my hair. I feel a burst of electricity run through my body when she starts running her fingers all along the fabric that is covering my abs. It's as if I can feel her fingertips burning through my shirt. As I move down to her neck I can't help but think about how lucky I am to be kissing this beautiful girl. Even her moans are perfect. I move further up her neck until I find her sweet spot and he back arches towards me. I bite and tug at it with my teeth, knowing that she's going to be pissed at me when she realizes that I'm leaving a mark.

My body acts before my mind does though and my hands are moving down towards the hem of her shirt and I'm trying to lift it off of her. But before I get the chance she's pushing me back and I groan in disappointment. I look down at her and she's staring at me with wide eyes that are filled with horror.

"What d-did you just d-do?" She asks pushing me all the way off of her. She touches her lips and looks at me as if expecting me to come up with some long drawn out reason that explained everything.

I shrug, and I immediately regret it when I see tears begin to well up in her eyes.

"Why d-did you k-kiss me?" she asks looking down to her lap. I have to smile to myself at how adorable and young she looks.

"Cause you just looked so...cute and vulnerable?" I say, but it comes out sounding more like a question than an answer.

"So you only k-kissed me b-because I was vulnerable?" She asks and my eyes immediately widen at how bad that sounds. That was definitely not the right thing to say.

"That came out wrong," I say shaking my head. "I mean, I haven't even kissed another girl since that first day I saw you-"

"So the only r-reason you k-kissed me w-was because you were horny!" She shouts staring at me infuriated.

Okay, this isn't going my way at all. Where's my confidence? I'm Scott Rogers, I'm made of confidence and this definitely isn't the time I need to lose it. But if I don't find it soon this conversation is definitely going to down hill even more than it already is. Actually you know what, scratch that, if this conversation goes anymore like it has been then it's going to go straight off the side of a cliff.

"Why are you acting like this?" I ask her as I take a small step towards her. I'm not used to her acting so touchy around me. Sure we argue all the time, but usually she doesn't get this emotional about things.

"I d-don't want to b-be another one of your one n-night stands," she murmurs under her breath. How could she think that? She could never be like any of the other girls.

With a sudden boost of confidence, I walk towards her and she stumbles backwards until her back is against the wall and my arms are on either side of her, caging her in.

"You call it a one night stand," I whisper into her ear and I grin as she tenses up. "But I call it an audition."

"D-do you even k-know how many p-people you've slept with?" She hisses at me as if it's a bad thing. I should've figured that she thought I have sex with everyone when in reality I've only slept with two people. But I decide to play along.

"A lot fewer people than I've had sex with," I say arching my eyebrow at her. "Why so interested though? If you want me I'm just a whisper away."

"I'm leaving," she grits through her teeth and I grab her waist to prevent her from leaving.

"Listen I'm sorry," I say grabbing her hand and avoiding her eyes. I guess I might as well just come out and say it. "Abby, I know I'm not the nicest guy sometimes. A lot of the time actually. And for some reason I'm extra jerky around you, but that's because I enjoy watching you squirm and when you blush it's the cutest thing in the world. I like spending time with you."

"W-what are you saying?" She asks raising both her eyebrows at me.

"Wow you don't make anything easy do you?" I breathe grinning at her. "I like you Abby."

She tilts her head at me like a puppy that doesn't quite understand what it's being told. And I stare back at her nervously but when I see the small smile morph onto Abby's face I internally relax. Her smile always tended to make me feel better.

I sigh when she runs her hands up my shoulders and into my hair. I lean in at the same time as she does and the kiss me share is much shorter than our first, but somehow this time it holds twice the amount of passion.

When we pull away our foreheads are still together and we're both grinning at each other like maniacs.

"I like you too," she says. And my grin becomes even wider when she says it as confidently as she does. She doesn't even stutter.

"So you forgive me?" I ask grabbing her hand and giving it a light kiss.

"Forgiving you means I w-will no longer d-dwell on what a g-giant asshole you are," she says blushing when my lips make contact with her hand. "B-but it doesn't mean you a-are no longer a g-giant asshole."

"Listen," I say sitting down onto the couch and pulling her onto my lap. She lets out a little squeal when she lands on top of me. "I wanted to talk to you about something that I've been thinking about doing for a long time."

"What?" She asks avoiding eye contact with me. I lift her chin with my hand so that she's looking me straight in the eye when I tell her this, I've been waiting so long for this moment and I want her to be paying attention when I tell her the news.

"I want to help pay for that surgery you need to get rid of your stutter."

.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Dun, dun, dun? Good thing or bad thing? How will Abby react to Scott's offer. I guess we'll find out soon enough :3. I hope