Chapter Twenty

Abby's P.O.V

I feel myself slowly drifting back into consciousness all I see is black. It's like when you get a really good nights sleep but when you wake up you just can't seem to open your eyes. Whenever that happens to me I feel like I'm being trapped.

Trapped.

My eyes fly open and I'm immediately greeted by the faint sound of people rushing around and the sight of a plain white ceiling. I slowly turn my head and see a person sitting in a chair next to the bed that I'm laying in. The person is laying his head on the bed and his hair is sprawled off in all different directions. Scott Rogers?

I look down and see that our hands are entwined. I attempt to pull my hand away from his so I can stretch but his hold is too tight. So instead I use my other hand and poke him in the head rather harshly. I heat him snore loudly and  I just roll my eyes. I lift his hand up with mine and bite down hard on the top of his hand.

"Fuck!" He shouts nearly standing up out of his seat. His eyes are red and he's looking down at me like a puppy that can't find it's bone.

What the hell am I doing here? And more importantly, what the hell is he doing here? Wait, was Scott Rogers just holding my hand? But that doesn't make any sense, I haven't seen Scott since freshman year.

I see three more people materialize in the doorway of the room. Anna looks like she's been bawling her eyes out. Her cheeks are puffy and she looks relieved when we lock eyes. I don't recognize the girl standing next to her though, but I feel like I know her from somewhere. She's a red head wearing a beanie and converse that resemble mine. She's wearing a satchel and has a book tucked under her arm. I look to the person standing next to her and my mood immediately brightens."

"Parker!" I shout grimacing at the pain I feel in my chest. I still grin at him though as he takes a step further into the room. Everyone seems to exchange worried glances but I ignore them. I motion for him to come over towards the bed.

He steps up next to my hospital bed. I look up at him and tug on his shirt pulling him down and pressing my lips against his. He doesn't respond immediately but after another second he's pulling me closer against him.

I lean back and smile at Parker while he gives me a questioning look. Anna and the girl are standing in the doorway staring  at us with wide eyes, and Scott is all of a sudden storming up to Parker, grabbing him by the collar and dragging him out of the room. Anna and the girl shoot me another look before following after Scott.

What the hell is going on?

Scott's P.O.V

"Memory loss?"  I ask staring at the doctor in disbelief. We've just recently started running tests on Abby about five  minutes ago. I glance over at Parker and clench my jaw, willing myself to forget the kiss he and Abby shared only minutes before. I can't believe she kissed him. She kissed him.

She's never kissed me.

"Yes," the doctor says nodding her head. "But it's jut what we think right now. We'd like to run a few non-invasive tests on her but we require a little help that we ourselves can't do as efficiently as you all."