Chapter Thirty Six

Scott's P.O.V

"I'm sorry," I look up to see Falon hovering above me. After running out and leaving Abby in the room I came outside and sat on the sidewalk to cool off a little bit. I know it's not fair that I drove her all the way out here and then left her in my brother's hospital room, but I always get like that when I visit here. Last time I punched Falon, that's one of the reasons I haven't been here in so long. I can't help but get angry and sometimes I just can't seem to control myself. 

"S'alright," I shrug. He doesn't say anything, he takes a seat next to me and I look out at the parking lot. I see my mother and father walking towards the hospital entrance. Mom is crying on my Father's shoulder while my Father holds on to her as they walk but he keeps a stony expression the whole time. 

"It's not something that they want to do Scott," Falon says. I look over at him to see that he possesses the same expression he wore earlier today when we talked outside of my dorm room. 

"How could they though?" I ask angrily. I can already feel myself starting to get worked up all over again. "How could they just pull the plug know that there's still a chance that he could wake up? Who gave them they right?"

"He's not going to wake up," Falon says looking at me pitifully. "You and Miranda are the only ones who can't seem to accept that."

"Why would you want to accept any of this?"

"I never said I wanted to but it's been long enough," he says setting his hand on my shoulder. "I miss him too but it's been a year already."

"You're telling me that you aren't mad about this at all?"

"Yup," he stands up and I stand up right after him.

"How could you not be?"

"Scott," he smiles at sadly. "I'm not having this conversation with you. You need to grow up and accept what's happening. Even if you don't like it."

Falon and I stare at each other but I don't think either of us is necessarily angry. I just can't seem to grasp why he's acting like this. He and Daniel were probably just as close as Daniel and I.

Suddenly a car door is slamming shut and both our heads snap  towards the parking lot where we see a very disoriented Miranda walking away from her car towards us. She immediately walks over towards me and I'm caught by surprise a little bit when she hugs me. She begins to sob uncontrollably into my chest. Now in recent years I wouldn't say that Miranda and I have been exactly too close, but her and Daniel definitely were. Yes, Danial was close to everyone, he was just that kind of guy. Believe it or not, before all of this happened all of us Rogers siblings got along a whole lot better than we actually do now. 

Falon shakes his head before walking towards the hospital entrance and slipping inside.

"Falon told me about it earlier," she says taking a step back and wiping her tear stained cheeks.