Chapter Twenty Four

Abby's P.O.V

I wake up with a bad pain near my side. God, what the hell did I do? I try to turn onto my side but for some reason I can't because I'm being trapped by something. I pry my eyes open and look up to see Scott just centimeters away from my face. He's close enough that I can feel his breath fanning the side of my cheek. I'm careful not to move as I stare up at him but I start squirming involuntarily when I feel my arm fall asleep. I look up at him again and attempt to move my arm without waking him.

"You know it's rude to stare," he suddenly says without opening up his eyes. I scream, jumping six feet away from him. In out dorm room I would've fallen off the bed but lucky for me Scott is rich and has a big ass bed. I groan loudly when I jump away from him though because a sharp pain goes through my back when I land.

"Shit," he says looking over at me with something in his eyes...concern? Probably not. "Are you alright Stutter Girl?"

Again with the nickname, nevermind that. I should probably be asking him if he's okay. He's still got the black eye and a couple bruises on his face from the fight yesterday. I only groan in response as I wait for the pain to subside. I see Scott stand up and leave the room. Great, now I'm stranded.

Scott comes back in the room a few minutes later to see that I'm still laying in bed staring at the ceiling, still in pain. He walks over holding a tray and sets it down on the desk next to the bed.

"Okay so either way this is gonna hurt," Scott says looking down at me and crossing his arms. "We can do this like ripping off a band aid and just have you sit up quickly. Or I can help you up slowly but that might actually hurt a lot more."

I look up and give him a simple nod. He'll know to do this quickly.

Anyways, several tears and cries of pain later I'm finally composed and sitting up in a good position.

"I brought you some pain pills with your breakfast," Scott says shyly. He places the tray on my lap and I look down at it to see eggs, bacon, toast, and a glass of orange juice.

"You m-made me b-breakfast?" I ask feeling kind of triumphant. I'm sure Scott doesn't just make breakfast for many people.

"No," he says rolling his eyes at me as if the idea of him making breakfast was preposterous. "I had our Butler make it for you. But believe me when I say that my cooking is thing you'll ever fit in your little mouth of yours. I mean, besides this long-"

I immediately cover my ears and start humming so I can't hear whatever he's about to say. Childish I know, but can you blame me? Scott laughs and prys my hands away from my ears so that I can hear him again. I stare at him and he doesn't unlatch himself from my hands immediately but when he finally does he coughs awkwardly into his hand before turning around and picking up a huge stack of papers.

"I do have something for you," he says setting the papers down next to me. "This is all the work you need to finish because of all the school you've missed."

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.