Chapter Twenty Seven

Abby's P.O.V

There's a loud banging on the door and at first I ignore it but by the third loud banging I decide I should probably answer it. I attempt to role over so that I can answer the door but to my horror I'm being held down by something. I crack an eye open and when my eye adjusts the first thing I notice is a very well shaped chest. What kind of amazing dream is this?

But when I finally realize that it's not a dream I immediately scream and push back. I hear a loud groan come from whoever  I've just shoved off the side of the bed and I look down to see Scott rubbing his forehead. I look at him a second longer before deciding to leave him there so that I can answer the door.

"Who the hell is here this early in the morning?" I hear Scott mutter before I walk over and open the door.

"Oakland?" I squint at the boy standing in front of me. He looks pretty dressed up to be up this early in the morning. He's wearing a white polo and khaki shorts with his hair gelled back and a pair of vans.

"Hey Abby," he says. He doesn't seem very affected by the fact that I'm still half asleep. "I was wondering if you'd want to hang out after class and grab a coffee with me."

"S-sure," I say trying to get him to leave so that I can get ready. I guess I might as well get dressed since somebody decided it would be a good idea to wake me. With everything that's been going on I haven't exactly thought about the fact that this is my first time going back to my classes in God knows how long.

Suddenly I feel a pair of arms slither around my waist and I'm being pulled back into a body. I look over to see Scott resting his chin on my shoulder looking rather smug.

"Can we help you?" Scott asks as he smirks at Oakland.

"I've already got what I want," Oakland shrugs before winking at me. I shift on my feet uncomfortably. "I'll see you after class Abby."

Scott's expression turns stony and soon enough I'm being released from his arms and he's slamming the door in Oakland's face. Scott looks over at me with a look of confusion on his face before muttering something about needing to use the bathroom. As he's rushing towards our bathroom I can't help but think about out conversation from last night.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

I look up at Scott and right now I'm practically having an asthma attack. I wasn't expecting any of this. If someone had told me a year ago that I was going to be on a date and practically falling for my freshman enemy I would've laughed at them. But since it's actually happening...

"Abby? Are you Okay?"

I look up to see Scott staring at me, I could practically get lost in this asshole's eyes. Bastard.

"Why are you breathing so heavily?"

When did I become such a love sick puppy?

Suddenly Scott is kneeling on the ground in front of me and my first thought is 'holy fuck he's proposing.' But then I remember that I haven't answered his question about me being his girlfriend yet so he probably isn't proposing. This is also when I realize I feel like there's no air in my lungs.

"Abby look at me."

I look up into Scott's eyes and begin to focus on my breathing which has noticeably sped up.

"I-I'm a-alright," I say as my breathing finally begins to slow down. I'm looking anywhere but at Scott until I feel a finger slip under my chin and I'm forced to look up into his eyes again.