Chapter Forty Four

Scott's P.O.V

"You really fucked up this time, huh?"

I look over and glare at my older brother who just holds up his hands. I look over towards the bed that Abby is currently laying in with her sister. It took us nearly an hour and a half to get her to fall asleep. Thankfully Miranda was the only one to come down the stairs while Abby was trying to convince us that she was completely and totally sober.

"No but seriously dude," Falon says and I turn back towards him raising my eyebrows. "You didn't just fuck this up. You took a situation that was already pretty fucked up, threw it in a blender of all the other fucked up things and-"

"Falon," I say sternly. "I am well aware of the situation and I'm fixing it."

When Anna and Falon finally get here, well over an hour after I had called  them, Abby had for some reason curled into a small ball and started crying. But when I kneeled down and touched her shoulder to try and calm her down she damn near punched me in the balls before murmuring a string of curse words to herself.

When that Anna and Falon had finally decided to show their faces, Anna was not happy that Abby was crying in a corner and I damn near got punched in the balls again. Anyways after that I guess the sister in Anna came out and Falon and I just sat there while Anna rushed Abby around and got her washed up and whatnot. Abby had finally fallen asleep about ten minutes ago cuddled into the side of her sister.

"You know Anna's pretty pissed at you," Falon says shaking and stating the obvious.

"Once again I am well aware," I say looking away from him and shutting the door to the room Abby and Anna are currently staying in. "She got here and her sister was on the floor crying."

"That and she kind of trusted you," Falon says shrugging as he follows when I begin to start walking down the hallway. "I mean she expected for you to look after her sister and then she gets here and finds out she's drunk."

I'm about to respond but that's when I hear another extremely loud knock on our front door. I look at Falon and he just raises his eyebrows at me questionably. Who the hell could that be?

I walk down the hall, passed the room that Oakland is currently occupying, and down the stairs with Falon following close behind me. I hop down the last two steps and jog towards the door and open it. I look around not seeing anyone before turning and looking back towards Falon who is staring at something with wide eyes. And that's when I hear it. It's barely audible but it's quite obvious that it was a whimper. I look back outside and I finally see when Falon is staring at.

A body.

"Scott," I hear Falon say softly from beside me.

"Yeah," I answer not looking away from the body laying on the ground.

"I don't think there's supposed to be liquid coming out of that body," he says and I can hear his voice crack a little bit. "Why is it on our steps?"