Chapter Thirty Four

Abby's P.O.V

So, last night was definitely...interesting.

It's been the only thing that I can focus on lately considering I've been so tired. These nightmares have really been affecting the amount of sleep I get every night.

Oh, and did I say that Scott kissed me?

Well he did, and let's just say that that's the other reason I didn't get much sleep last night.

I've been thinking about it alot lately. I'm talking about that day at the ice cream shop, not the kiss. Although I guess I've been thinking about that alot too. Anyhow I know that there was no way that the two men who I saw walk into that ice cream shop were not Parker and Mr. O'Neil: there's no way at all, the similarities were too close. But why would Ryan lie? Why am I even contemplating this? I saw the security footage, there's no way someone could have tinkered with the footage for the short minute that I was in the bathroom with Scott.

Is there?

Maybe everyone is right, I need to see someone about this.

I scream and turn around when I feel a hand tap my shoulder. I look up and breath out a sigh of relief when I see that's it's just Oakland. I had just gotten out of my last class about an hour ago and I decided to get some coffee from the cafe because I'm tired of hanging around my friends because they're always analyzing me. I called Scott and he told me that he'd meet me here after his last class.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you," Oakland says quickly taking a seat in the seat across from me. "I just saw you here and I figured that I would come and say hi."

"H-hi."

"Hi," he laughs but there's something different about him today. He looks...tired? His eyes are red, he looks like he hasn't slepy in days, and his shoulders are slumped. Very different from the usual confident Oakland that I'm used to.

"Everything alright?" I ask staring at him.

"Oh yeah," he says a little too quickly. "I'm just a little bit tired. Been having nightmares a lot lately."

"N-nightmares?" My ears perk up and I look at him intentely. Is he going through the same thing as me? "What k-kind of nightmares?"

"Usually it's the same one every night," he frowns. "But I don't really want to talk about that."

"W-what do you w-want to t-talk about?"

"Us."

"Us?"

"Abby I like you."

"I l-like you too Oakland."

"So you'll go out with me?"

My eyes nearly fall out of my head when I hear him say that. He meant that he likes me like that?

"I h-have a b-boyfriend," I say and push my chair back a little bit more to create more space between us but he just reaches across the table and sets his hand on top of mine.

"For how much longer though?" He asks and I raise an eyebrow at him wondering what exactly he's insinuating. "Three days? A week? We both know that Scott doesn't know how to keep it in his pants."

"W-what t-the hell?" I draw my hand back and shoot him an angry glare.

"Okay that might have been out of line," he says raising his hands up in surrender. "But c'mon Abby, I've been trying to impress you for weeks. And he's been trying for what? Two hours? That's a little unfair."