Chapter Fifty Six

Abby's P.O.V

Of course Scott's brother just had to go and lock us in this room together. Of course Anna's phone would go straight to voicemail as soon as I try calling her. Of course it would start thunder storming. Of course the power would go out. Of course I'm slightly terrified of thunderstorms. 

Of course.

"The backup generators should be working in a little bit," Scott says from wherever he's sitting on the floor. I hear him stumbling around a little before a stream of light suddenly comes from where I see him now standing across the room.

I don't answer him and he sighs before setting the flashlight on the desk so that the light is pointing upward at the ceiling. He walks over towards the bed and slowly sits beside me. 

"What're are y-you d-doing?" I ask him once he's completely sat down next to me. 

"Well my ass hurts from the floor," he says as he gently rubs his rear end. "And I know you're scared of thunderstorms Abby. I figured I would offer my assistance."

"I'm n-not scared," I mumble under my breath.

"Sure."

There's a long silence between the two of us and the only sound that can be heard in the room is the rain hitting the roof. I flinch a little bit when I see lightning flash through the window, it's even creepier when the power is out. 

"Abby..." I look up when I hear Scott's voice. His face is extremely close to mine and I can't help but gasp as soon as I lock eyes with him. "We need to talk about it."

I turn my head away from him because I know he's right but I don't really want to talk about the whole him cheating thing. Just thinking about it makes me sad. But what else are we going to do while we're locked in this room? I can't very well avoid this conversation forever. 

"You have to believe me Abs," he says looking up at me from underneath his eyelashes. "I swear I didn't kiss her, she kissed me. I barely even remember it really, I was completely shit faced. I do remember pushing her away though. I pushed her away.."

I look at Scott and tilt my head at him. I do remember him telling me that she had kissed him and all that bullshit, but I don't think that's what I'm even mad about anymore. 

"W-why didn't you t-tell me Scott?" I ask crossing my arms over my chest and glaring at him. "W-why the hell did I h-have to find out f-from Oakland?"

"Because Oakland hates me," Scott says and I frown at him. "And because I didn't want to add another stupid thing to your plate. Why should I have told you if it didn't mean anything?"

"B-because you obviously don't know h-how a relationship works!" I shout standing up slightly pissed off at how oblivious this guy is. "Y-you're supposed to tell me stuff like t-this. How w-would you f-feel if you found out t-that Oakland kissed me and I h-hadn't told you about it?"

"That little shit kissed you?" Scott immediately stands up and looks like he's about to ram the door down to go hunt for Oakland but I roll my eyes at him and set my hand on his shoulder. 

"I didn't m-mean literally Scott."

Scott's jaw clenches and I take my hand off of his shoulder. He still looks like he wants to charge the door though so I step in front of him. When did he get so overprotective? I see the anger slowly leave his eyes and his shoulder's drop as if he realizes what I've been trying to tell him. How just thinking about me cheating pissed him off, I can't imagine what he'd be like if it actually happened. I'm sure he'd ignore me just like I ignored him. Even if it supposedly wasn't my fault that someone else had kissed me.