Crushes&Growing up

Roman's POV

'She had the nerve to speak to ME like that???' I shout in my head as I walked into my house. 'No one talks to me like that! I don't care if she's Jimmy's future wife or not!'

"Someone's cranky." I heard AJ say as I threw my coat at her and it basically swallowed her as it landed on her head.

"Hey!" She shouted while throwing the coat on the floor, "Do I look like a coat rack to you?"

I shrugged, "Maybe you do. Now, pick my coat up."

"You pick it up." She said while crossing her arms.

"AJ-" I started as I glared at her, but I stopped when I saw the serious look on her face and knew she wasn't playing around.

"I'm not picking it up Roman," she said to me, "Your not about to take your anger out on me, understand? I don't care how angry you are."

I sighed and walked over to pick the jacket up off the floor, "Sorry AJ."

She sighed, "It's alright, just control your anger Roman geez. Now, you want to tell me what happened while I fix your plate?"

I nodded as we both walked to the kitchen which was a little ways from the living room. I did have a fairly large house.

"Alright," she said as she grabbed a plate for me and began piling delicious food on it, "Spill it."

"Alright," I start, "Jimmy's fiancée is my new personal assistant."

"Alright, so?" She said as she walked over to me and handed me my plate and I sat at the bar, and began to eat while she poured me something to drink.

"She's a complete mess April-" I start but stop when she threw a spoon at me. It slipped my mind that she didn't like me calling her by her real name.

"A. J." She said, "Now, continue."

"She's not ready for this type of job," I tell her, "I can tell she's already going to screw everything up. I may as well fire her now."

AJ rolled her eyes, "You barley even know her."

"She talked back to me AJ," I say to her, "That's not good."

"I like her already," AJ said with a laugh and I rolled my eyes, "Plus, I talk back to you all the time."

"Your different and you know it." I say while rolling my eyes.

"Bla bla bla," She say while rolling her eyes, "You aren't even giving her a chance."

"What's the point in giving her a chance if I know she's gonna screw up?" I ask.

"You think every girl is gonna screw up." She said with a sigh.

"Cause they do." I protested.

"You say that because you and Galina didn't work out." She shot at me suddenly.

"Don't say her name!" I shout while slamming my hand on the table.

She rolled her eyes at my anger, "It's true Roman. You think that every girl screws up because she did."

"It's obvious that all girls screw up because if they wouldn't have, maybe Punk wouldn't have left you, maybe he wouldn't have gotten drunk, maybe he wouldn't have got in the car, and maybe he wouldn't be dead." I shot at her through gritted teeth and a look of hurt flashed across her face before it was replaced with an unreadable one that made just about drown in guilt.

"AJ," I start, "I didn't mean-"

"Whatever Roman," she said while walking to the exit of the kitchen, "I'm turning in for the night. I'll be in my room. By the way, your daughter called. But I advise you calm the hell down before you crush her dreams because apparently, all girls screw up."