BFF's&IOU's

Roman's POV

"We should definitely do this design for the new building in Florida." Seth rambled while showing me a design he had thought of and drawn out in his notebook, "It has a fountain in the entrance. Fountains equal friendly working environment."

I glanced at the paper before looking back off into space, "It looks nice Seth."

"You barley looked at it," he said to me while rolling his eyes, then he stared at me with a look of concern on his face, "What's wrong?"

"I just have a lot of work to do." I mumbled, which wasn't necessarily a lie.

He shrugged, "Get your assistant to help you out with it."

"She isn't here today." I mumbled again while laying my head down on my desk. She had sent me a text this morning saying that she was 'sick' but I'm pretty sure she just didn't want to see me.

He gave me another look before sitting down in one of the chairs, "So we never had a chance to talk about this situation. And don't tell me there's nothing to talk about, because there is. So... Talk about it."

"I don't wanna talk about it-" I started to say but he stopped me.

"You're talking about it mister." Seth said to me, "I've been your best friends for this long? Hell yeah, your fücking telling me about this. So spill it, or I cut your hair, then you'll tell me."

"She's just an assistant." I say to him while crossing my arms and laying my head on them.

"That you like?" Seth added and I just shook my head.

"No..." I say to him, "She's just different."

"She's also engaged..." Seth started but stopped when I gave him a look, "But you already knew that."

I groaned and hurried my head in my arms, not wanting to hear him or anything else anymore.

"You know Ro," Seth said, "We don't call this a dangerous game because we're afraid of you and her getting caught. We call it dangerous because you could be falling for her."

"I'm not." I say to him.

"You are." He said back.

"I can't." I mumbled back.

"You already did." He said, "Didn't you?"

I shake my head just as there's a knock on the door, "Come in."

"Hey Uce," I heard Jimmy's voice say and I look up to see him smiling at me just like he always does, "What up Seth?"

"Hey Jimmy." Seth responded.

"Roman did you finish those papers?" Jimmy asked me and I groaned.

"I did like three." I said to him.

He groaned, "Roman, those are due in a hour."

I shrugged, "Oh well. Who's paying who around here? They'll be done when they get done."

He sighed, "Just get them done..."

"What?" I asked him as he trailed off, walking over to a area in the room and bending over to pick something up. Naomi's Engagement ring.

'fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck it fuck fuck.' I chanted in my head.

"She said she left this in the bathroom..." Jimmy trailed off as he looked at the item, then at me, "Whys it in here?

"I don't know." I say to him, trying to hide that my heart was racing out of my chest, "Maybe se dropped it or something."

"That's happened to me before." Seth said, "The one Dean bought me, it'd just fall off in all different places. We'd find it in the strangest places too. Like the blender, the tub, all weird places."

"Really?" Jimmy asked and I silently thanked Seth.

Seth nodded, "Yeah, you may just need to get it refitted, y'know."

Jimmy gave a small laugh while sticking the ring in his pocket and walking towards the door, "I'll have to do that then. Get those papers done Ro."

I let out a sigh of relief the moment he left the room.

"You owe me." Seth said to me.

"Thank you so much." I say to him and he simply rolled his eyes.

"You're welcome." He replied, then sighed when standing up, "Roman, either you need to get over these feelings, or you need to tell him."

I didn't respond to him, but I knew he was right.

But I didn't see myself getting over this... But I damn sure wasn't telling him... But I may have to...