Ball Pits&SleepOvers

Naomi's POV

I sighed as I parked my car in the almost empty Walmart parking lot and waited for my boss and his daughter to arrive.

I lean my head back against the seat and looked up at the bright light above. I hadn't expected to spend the majority of my night out, but it looks like that was what's gonna happen.

My phone buzzed in the cupholder and I picked it up to see a text from Jimmy.

Jimmy: hey baby, you near home yet?

I sighed and quickly sent a text back.

Naomi: I actually had to stop at the store babe. I'll be there soon though.

Jimmy: ok look love, I know that we were gonna have some us time tonight and all, but I just got an emergency call from our unit over in California and they need me there immediately. Like I'm about to walk out the door right now. I'm sorry Baby.

I sighed slightly. This wasn't the first time Jimmy had to leave immediately for work purposes. His job was demanding, he was it one of the highest ranks, it's not his fault, and can't blame him. I had even went with him sometimes and I knew he wasn't just flying off to be with some other girl. He was loyal.

'Unlike yourself...' I think to myself with a groan.

I hadn't technically cheated on Jimmy... Technically...

I didn't kiss Roman, or touch him really... He had just touched me... In places that shouldn't be touched until your married... By only your husband...

It honestly made me feel guilty, I didn't really cheat on him, but yet I feel like  I did. And even if i hadn't cheated on him now, Roman mad it obvious that he in some way wanted me to...

I was just gonna tell him no. Just like I had old everyone else no all these years. I'm saving it for Jimmy, he's the only who actually deserves all of me.

'But why did you let Roman get farther than Jimmy had ever gotten with you..." I think I myself, but shake the thought out of my head and text Jimmy back.

Naomi: it's fine baby. Don't worry about it ok? We can spend some time when you get back.

Jimmy: I love you ❤️

Naomi: I love you too baby ❤️

I sighed and turn my phone off just as a car pulled up next to mine. I looked over and saw that it was Roman and Joelle.

"Hello again." I say as I got out of the car and so did Joelle and Roman.

"Hey Naomi." Joelle said with a small laugh.

"Come on." I tell her then look at Roman, "We'll be back in just a few seconds. Unless you want to come-"

"No, no," he said while walking over to me and placed some money in my hand, "You just take her. Here. This should be enough to cover it right?"

"Good God Roman," I mumble as I look at the money in my hand, which was way too much, "We're buying personal items, not diamonds. It won't cost more than 20 bucks."

"Did you just call me Roman?" He questioned and I regretted my decision.

"Dad," Joelle said while rolling her eyes, "work hours are over. She can call you what she likes. Come on Naomi. Let's go before the store closes."

"Walmart doesn't close." I say with a laugh as she grabbed my hand and lead me to the entrance of the store.

"Really?" She asked me,

"Yeah really." I say to her with a laugh, "Haven't you been here before?"

"Nope." She said to me, "Is that a bad thing?"

"I forget your a rich kid." I say with a laugh, "Well let me introduce you to this store."

We spend the next hour in the store. We had easily found the items we needed easily, but spent a lot of the time pushing each other on one of the baskets through the nearly empty isles.

"Help!" Joelle said with a laugh as she tried to get out of the big of balls, "I'm gonna fall!"

"I told you not to get in there!" I say with a laugh as I grabbed her hand and helped pull her out, then we both fell on the ground laughing.

"Man I love this store," she said, "They got big bins of balls, food, even a built in McDonalds, it's heaven."

I just laugh and we sit there for a moment.

"Are you single?" She asked suddenly.

"I'm engaged." I say with a small laugh and show her my ring.

"Oh..." She said sounding slightly disappointed, "To who?"

"You uncle Jimmy." To say to her.

"Hey!" She said with a smile, "So you'll be my new aunt soon. Cool."

I smile at her, "Yep. Now let's go pay for this before your dad wonders where we are."

"I've been wondering where you two were." I heard a voice say and we both turn around to see Roman.

"Dad." Joelle said with a laugh, "Have you ever been in this store before? It's great!"

I saw him smile slightly, but he tried to hide it.

"Joelle." He said, "This store is made for people who can barley afford the clothes on their backs. Which makes me wonder why Miss Fatu knows about it."

I shot glares at him before I could catch myself from doing so and he looked slightly taken aback by my actions.

"Dad that was rude." Joelle said before I could say anything, "I like it here. I rather come here than go to that fancy mall where you buy your suits. At least that have a ball pit here.... And McDonald's!"

Roman rolled his eyes, "Do you have all you needed to get?"

She nodded, "We just got to pay for it."

"Then do so." He said and we walked to one of the cash registers to pay.

"I just got a call from Mr. Uso," he said quietly to me as the woman checked out the items.

"Jimmy?" I ask him, "What he say?"

"He was wondering if his wife coils stay at my house since he was going out of town and the maid that normally stays there is out as well." He said to me.

I laugh slightly, "I can stay by myself. I'm a big girl."

"No!" Joelle piped in, "Come stay with us!  We can stay up all night and watch movies and eat junk food. Oh! Your gonna love Miss Lee! Come on Naomi! It'll be fun. Please? Please? Please-"

"All right." I say with a small laugh, "I'll come over. But I gotta go home and get clothes-"

"Just buy something here," he said while passing me the change along with more bills, "We'll be outside in the car. Don't be forever."

"This is gonna be so much fun!" Joelle said while skipping out of the store with her her father right behind her. He stopped and looked back at me for a couple of seconds before he continued to walk off.

"That you're boyfriend?" The lady at the register asked me.

"No..." I mumbled back. He wasn't my boyfriend. My boyfriend, scratch that, fiancé was about to be thousands of miles away and I was here with my Boss... I didn't know how this weekend was going to go.