surprises&ease dropping

Naomi's POV

"I got the popcorn!" I say in a sing song voice as I walked back into the living room to where Nikki was sitting on the couch. John had to work overtime tonight so we had decided to have a girls night in.

"Good I'm starving." She said to me with a laugh as I sat down and she threw some of the blanket on me.

"So what are we gonna watching?" I asked her, "A chick-flick or what?"

"I don't know." She responded while scrolling through some of the movies on Netflix, "I want to watch something that'll make me laugh and cry all at once."

"Really Nikki?" I asked with a small laugh.

"You asked me what I wanted!" She confessed with a laugh as there was a knock at the door.

"You find a movie." I say to her while standing up, "I'll be right back."

As I approached the door, there was another knock.

"I'm coming!" I shouted to them.

Once I reached the door, I quickly opened it and jumped at the sight of what I saw.

"Geez I didn't know I looked scary." Roman said with a nervous laugh.

At least I think it was Roman. This man didn't look like my asshole of a boss... He looked damn good.

He wore a simple black t-shirt that clung close to his arms and chest. A pair of dark, hard wash jeans and a pair of black and red Jordan's. His hair was slightly wet and flowed freely down his back. It was so weird to see him look like a regular human being...

"I- um- i- uh," I stuttered, "Um... Hey... Er, what are you doing here?"

"Oh," he said while reaching into his back pocket, pulling out my phone, "You left this earlier."

"Oh!" I say and take the phone out of his hand, "Thanks, dang, I forgot all about it."

"I figured you did." He said with a small smile, "I just didn't want you to worry about it or anything."

"Well thank you." I respond to him with a smile, then it got awkwardly quite.

"Um," he said while rubbing the back of his neck, "Well I guess I should get going and all."

"Yeah..." I mumbled, "Uh, thanks for brining me my phone."

"No problem." He said as he walked back out to his car.

'Don't you do it-' I started to say in my head but I found myself speaking anyways.

"Wait," I called out to him and he stopped walking, "Do you wanna, uh, watch a movie with us?"

"I don't wanna bother you." He said back to me.

"You won't be," I say to him, "Just come in. Im sure you just plan on going home and being boring anyways."

He rolled his eyes but made his way back towards me. I stepped out of the way so that he could pass me and we both make our way back to the living room.

"I decided on Click," Nikki said to me while still looking at the TV, "Cause it makes me cry at the end. Who was at the door?"

I cleared my throat and she looked in my direction, her eyes widening.

"Umm," she muttered, "Who's this?"

"This is my boss Roman." I introduce her, "Jimmy's cousin. Roman this is Nikki, she's our maid, but she's like a sister to me."

"Nice to meet you." Roman said while extending his hand and shaking Nikki's hand.

"God your arms are huge..." She mumbled and I rolled my eyes while he smiled, "Will you be joining us?"

"Naomi invited me to." He said with a small laugh.

"Oh that's great." She said with a smile as she stood up, "Just sit anywhere. Nams and I will go get more food from the kitchen, alright. Come on."

"Just make yourself comfortable." I say to Roman before walking into the kitchen with Nikki.

"So your boss just randomly shows up at your house and you invite him to watch a movie with us?" Nikki whisper shouted.

"He was actually returning my phone." I say to her, "But geez if you don't want him here I can ask him to leave."

"No no no." She said, "Him being here is fine... is just... He looks at you weird.."

"He hadn't even looked at me." I say to her.

"Yes the hell he was!" She whisper shouted again, "He barley even glanced at me I swear! He wouldn't stop freaking looking at you."

"I didn't notice." I say with a shrug.

"How can you not notice walking sex looking you up and down?" She whisper shouted again.

"He is not freaking walking sex!" I whisper shouted back.

She scoffed, "Yeah right... I shouldn't be so worried because you'd never touch him because you're with Jimmy."

"You said those exact words on purpose didn't you?" I groaned and she smirked.

"Damn right." She said with a smirk, "I could tell just by how close he was standing to you."

"Everybody can freaking see this shit except Jimmy." I groaned, "Look. I don't even like Roman like that, alright. There's not even anything going on anymore. We'll talk more about this later, not when he's legit sitting in the next room."

"And can hear everything you two are saying." I heard Roman add and I cringed slightly.

"Shut up and pretend your not listening!" I shouted back to him.

"Wait so you mean he heard when I called him walking sex?" Nikki asked as her cheeks turned red.

"Yep," Roman called out again.

"I so mean.. Um... Not walking sex..." She mumbled and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up." I say with a small laugh while grabbing her arm and leading her back into the living room.