Brothers&Interruptions

Roman's POV

I quietly listened in on the conversation my daughter was having with Naomi in the living room smiled to myself.

"Well, I mean my friends aren't bad influences, but there not the best." She said to her, "But there good at heart. But like, they do stupid stuff that gets them in trouble, and since I just hang out with them, everyone thinks I'm like them."

"But you know right from wrong." Naomi said to her, "You know if there doing something wrong, then that means to stay away from them for a while. When they see you not participating, that'll be like a little signal for them to cut out what there doing."

"But what if they don't and then not like me for going with them or something?" She asked.

"And that my dear," Naomi explained, "Is how you pick out your true friends. You say you have a lot of friends. Not everyone wants to see you succeed Jojo. Some people just get close to you to knock you down. You have to be careful about who you let get close. Not every secret should be shared with everyone. Don't trust everyone."

"I gotcha." Joelle said to her, "I don't trust much. Only a few. You being added to my list though."

"You're too sweet." Naomi said with a laugh.

"I'm actually the devil with pigtails and hair bows." Joelle said to her and they both laughed.

I smiled again, glad that my daughter had something that she could talk to. If she were to held that conversation with me, I wouldn't have known what to tell her.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and I take it out to see a text from Dean.

Dean: you weren't at work today? We had a meeting y'know. Coming over to your house. If you don't answer the doorbell, I'm going to assume AJ killed you so I'm using the key.

I rolled my eyes at the message and got ready to respond but suddenly the screen froze for a second, went black, then relit with Jimmy's name at the very top.

'I'll be damned if I answer this...' I mumbled In my head.

I didn't want to talk to Jimmy right now. Especially with Naomi being over here, but if I didn't, then he may thing something was wrong.

I groaned before sliding my finger across the screen and holding the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I say into it.

"Hey Uce," I heard Jimmy's voice say into it.

"What's up Jimmy?" I say back to him.

"Just checkin in on everything." He said, "Jey's making me. Everything alright up there?"

"Fine as of now." I say to him, "How's everything down there?"

"Good." He said to me, "It's not as hell, but good. It's beautiful down here man, making me rethink having the wedding in Cali, maybe move it down here."

'The wedding you'll never get...' I mumbled to myself. It made me feel bad honestly. This man was like a brother to me and I was doing him so wrong... But it felt so right on my behalf.

"Maybe she'll agree to that." I say to him.

"Yeah maybe." He said to me, "She sent me a text saying that she wanted to talk when I got back, so maybe that'll be in the discussion."

Another wave of guilt shot though out me but I swallowed it back. For once, I was not about to give up my happiness for the sake of someone else. Call me selfish, I don't care.

"Yeah." I say to him, "Hey man I gotta go. Call me later?"

"Yeah no problem." He replied, "Love you Uce."

"Love you too Jimmy." I say to him before hanging up with a sigh.

I enter the living room to see Naomi sitting on the couch by herself.

"Where's Jojo?" I asked her.

"Went outside to talk on the phone real quick." She said to me and I nodded before leaning down to capture her lips into my own quickly.

"She's here and your acting like this." She responded with a laugh as kissed her neck, "What if she walks in on us."

"I lie until I annoy her." I responded, "Maybe take her phone. She'll get pissed, but eh."

"What tells me that this had happened before?" She asked me with a laugh as I slowly leave a trail of kisses to her collarbone.

I raise up and capture her lips once again. Sitting down on the couch as pulling her on top of me, my arms immediately wrapping around her waist.

She moaned softly I groaned at the sound, toying with the hem of her shirt in the process.

"And you though he was dead." A voice suddenly said and the two of us jump apart.

"Seth!" I shouted as I glared in the direction of the entrance of the living room.

"Well we had to say something!" Seth responded while Naomi buried her face in the crook of my neck.

"So you missed a full day of work-" Dean started to say but I cut him off.

"Did you even knock?" I asked him, "I gave you that key to only use if I don't answer."

"My niece told me to just come in." Dean responded and I groaned.

"Tell her not to be so scared of us geez." Seth said with a laugh, "We're not gonna bite her."

"Dean will." I say while rolling my eyes.

"That was one time and I didn't even know that woman." Dean said.

"Because you not knowing her makes it so much better, babe." Seth said while rolling his eyes.

"Why. Are. You. Here?" I asked him, getting a tad bit annoyed with the two of them.

"I sent you a damn text." Dean shot at me.

"Oh yeah..." I mumbled, remembering receiving the text for what seemed like the first time.

"So this is why you didn't come to work?" Seth asked me.

"I just didn't feel like it." I say to them with a sigh.

"Do I need to leave?" Naomi asked me quietly, slowly looking up at me.

"No your good." Dean said, "I'm Dean by the way. Pretty sure we've done this introduction thing like twice before."

"Naomi." She said back to him.

"Ah I remember now." Seth said to her with a small smile, "I knew it was a pretty name."

Naomi gave him a small smile just as Joelle came back in the room and I immediately push Naomi off of me, causing Joelle to stop and give me a strange look.

"Smooth." Naomi said to me with a small laugh.

"I don't understand why you felt the need to push her," Joelle said while sitting on the arm of one of the chairs, "I already know about you two."

"I have no idea what your talking about." I say to her.

"You're a terrible liar." Naomi, Dean, Seth and Joelle say in sync and I couldn't help myself but to smile.