Midnight&Leaving

Naomi's POV

I stared up at the bedroom ceiling, my emotions finally having calmed down and common sense was slowly returning back to me.

I glanced at the man beside me and gave a small smile to him as he snuggled closer to the pillow, his one arm still wrapped around my waist as the moonlight shined into the room.

"God I love you." I mumbled softly as I kissed his cheek before slowly removing his arm and standing up to walk outside to the balcony.

I sigh as I looked up at the stars, them shining as brightly as they could, but was still no match for the beautiful moon.

'Where did I mess up?' I asked myself as I leaned against the wall, the cool early summer winds wrapping around me and a strange sense of peace flowed throughout me... Until I glanced at the coffee table.

Still where I had placed it days ago, was the engagement ring that I had taken off. Then once again, Jimmy came to my mind.

I wonder how he was right now... I just hoped he was ok...

I wanted to send him a text, or just a call, just to make sure he was alright.. But why would he even bother to answer.

I just wanted to make things right so I could move on... So we could both move on.

I sighed before quickly grabbing the ring and shoving the ring into the small pocket of my shorts, then walking back into the bedroom to find Roman still sleeping.

I grab one is his large jackets and put it on before putting on my shoes and quietly walking out of the room. Glancing back to him once more before shutting the door. 

I took two steps at a time to get to the bottom floor before walking to the kitchen where I had left my keys, finding AJ and Joelle inside, both eating cookies.

"Naomi!" Joelle whisper shouted while running over and wrapping her arms around me, "I though you were sleep? Are you ok? Is everything alright?"

I gives her a quick kiss on the head and hug her back, "I'm fine Jojo. AJ, have you seen my keys?"

She raised an eyebrow and pointed o the counter, "Where are you going?"

"Uh," I say to her, "out."

"Not a good enough excuse." She said to me, "Where exactly is 'out'?"

I sighed, "My house."

"Your house?" She asked me.

"Your house?" Joelle asked me, "Wait why? Why can't you just wait until later? It's night time. Are you coming back."

"Yes I'm coming back." I say while grabbing my keys then going over to kiss her head again.

"Jojo stay here." AJ said to her as she followed me out of the kitchen, "Naomi wait."

"Yes?" I asked her as she jogged to catch up with me.

"Naomi I don't know if that's such a swell idea." She tried to reason with me, "Joelle was right. It's late... I'm not sure how I feel about you going over there this late..."

"AJ I'll be fine." I say to her, "I promise."

"Does Roman know that your fine?" She asked me and I shook my head, "See, I knew I didn't like this idea."

"I didn't tell Roman because I didn't him following me," I say to her, "I need to talk to Jimmy alone, AJ. You gotta trust me that I'll be ok."

"It's not you I don't trust." She said to me, "It's Jimmy I don't trust. I don't know him and Jey all too well. I don't know the kind of man he is."

"He's a good one." I say as I walk outside of the house, her hot on my tail.

"He's also an angry one right now." She said to me, "Naomi. He's mad at you, Roman, the world. I don't want you getting hurt."

"You have to trust that I wont." I say and turn around to face her, "I know you worry about a lot, AJ. Especially after all you've been through in your life, but you have to trust that I'll be ok."

She gave me another worried look before sighing, "You promise me that I'll see you again. Please? And that you'll come back to us? Jojo looks up to you, Roman, might not have the balls to say it, but he loves you. You've been a bomb ass friend to me and I'm glad... Fuck it, I'm thrilled to have you here, even if you two had to go through hell and high waters to get the relationship you have now. You're one of us Naomi, you better coming back to us."

I quickly pulled her closer to me and wrapped her into a tight embrace.

"And just like Roman," she wheezed, "You hug the air out of people."

I laughed sighted before letting her go, "I'm sorry. But I'm coming back."

She gave me a small smile with a nod, "You better. Or I'm hunting you down. And you can believe that."