Kiss up&Rub up&Feel up

Naomi's POV

I sighed and clung onto Jimmy's arm as the waiter lead us through restaurant to where the others were waiting.

"Naomi!" I heard Joelle shout as soon as we entered the area, seconds later she jumped up from her spot at the table and seconds later she wrapped her arms around me, "Oh, hey Uncle Jimmy."

"I can't get a hug though?" He asked and she smiled before letting me go and giving him a quick hug, then returned back to me, "Sit by me."

"Oh ok." I said with a small laugh as she dragged me back to the seat she was sitting at, then I felt my heart begin to race as I saw where I would be sitting.

On one side of the table would sit Jimmy and Jey, while on the other it would be Roman, who was too busy looking at something on his phone, on one side, me in the middle and Joelle to my right.

"Afternoon." Roman mumbled, but kept his focus on his phone.

"Afternoon." I mumbled back, not wanting to hold much of a conversation with him right now.

I'm not sure if he was thinking the same thing I was or not, but I was highly uncomfortable sitting next to him and Jimmy sitting was mere feet away.

"Look what I got!" Joelle said while taking a phone out of her pocket, "Daddy bought me a new iPhone. I cracked my other one. I need to give you my number too."

"It's nice." I say to her with a smile.

"Yeah he likes to buy me things because he thinks it makes up for not being there for me," she said, "But if he would just let me move in with him-"

"Joelle were not discussing this here." Roman said to her and she only rolled her eyes before turning her attention to one of the twins that sat on the other side of the table and started bombarding them with questions.

"So how have your grades been Jojo?" Jey asked Joelle and she gave a nervous laugh just as the waiter came over to take out drink orders.

"Let's talk about something that won't get this new phone taken." She mumbled with a nervous smile.

"It doesn't matter what your grades are." I say to her with a smile, "You're smart."

"That coming from a girl who barely got a college degree." I heard Roman mumbled and I glared at him. I looked at Jimmy, but he didn't seem to have heard the comment.

"I graduated at the top of my class, thank you." I mumbled back and he only smirked.

"Roman, will you put your phone down and get ready to order." Jey said.

He rolled his eyes and dropped his phone onto the table before crossing his arms.

"Between you and me," Joelle said, "I think I'm more mature than him."

"I think you are too." I said back to her with a small laugh.

I heard Roman mumble something but I stayed quite as the waiter back back with our drinks, then taking the orders for the meals and walked off again.

It was peaceful for a while. Joelle talking about school, Jimmy and Jey were talking business wise and Roman wasn't talking at all. But I knew the peace couldn't last for much longer.