Plans&paperwork

Naomi's POV

"This one looks pretty." Summer said while scrolling on my phone, pointing to the white cocktail dress.

"Eh I mean it is," I say to her, "But I wanna look like a princess."

"So you want a princessy type of wedding?" Paige asked while scrunching her noes.

"What's so wrong with that?" I asked her with a laugh.

"Nothing's wrong with it," she said to me, "It's just not my style."

"Your type of wedding would be getting married in your pyjamas." Summer said to her and Paige laughed.

Summer, Paige and I were currently sitting in a small coffee shop, not too far from the office, scrolling through wedding dresses online. The wedding was one of the only things that kept my mind off of Roman.

We went the rest of the day yesterday without coming in convict with each other and this morning he practically threw his morning paperwork at me and told me to get out.

I don't know what the hell I was thinking yesterday when I though for second that he actually had a soul and feelings... And maybe had feelings for me.

Not that I wanted or needed for him to be interested in me... But it just felt like that one time, it changed things.

But his current actions prove that I was damn wrong, and I'm actually happy that I was. Now I can focus on Jimmy and my future wedding.

"I'm pretty sure that anything you wear," Paige said to me, "You're going to look fantastic in it. I'm invited right? Where's it going to be at?"

"Of course you're invited," I say to her, "You, Summer, Randy, Eva, bring anyone you want really. And we plan on having it on a beach in California because that's the closest thing we have to an island in the US. Well that or Florida."

"Well here's a crazy idea," Summer said, "Why don't you have a wedding in like, the Bahamas or somethings? They have islands. It's not like you can't afford it."

"Yeah," I say to her, "But if Jimmy has an emergency for work, then he doesn't want to face the hassle of trying to get back to the States."

"Fuck work." Paige said, "It's your wedding, it's made for being with each other."

"I know, but I understand honestly." I say to her, "It's not a big deal."

"Is your boss going?" Summer asked me and Paige almost choked on her water. I suddenly remember that we hadn't told Summer about the Roman situation, but the less people that knew, the better.

"I don't know." I say while standing up, "I don't care. He probably won't. That's fine with me. We should get back to the office."

"You're right." Paige said while standing up as well, "Our break is almost over anyways."

On the short walk back, the topic was changed back to the issue of me finding the right dress but I was half listening the whole time.

We walk to the elevators and get off at our separate floors. Though I didn't want to see Roman, it was my job to do any work he had for me, so I decided to stop by his office.

I have three knocks on the door and a few seconds later he answered with a 'Come in'

When I entered the room, he barley glanced at me for a seconds before returning to the piles of papers on his desk.

"I'm busy." He stated, "Get out."

I take a deep breath, trying to control my anger before speaking, "Is there anything you need help with?"

"No." He said plainly, "Now get out."

'Back to being a fucking asshole.' I groan in my head and placed my hand back on the handle to exit the room, but I suddenly stopped and looked back at him.

He looked stressed out over whatever he was filling out and it made me frown slightly. It was throwing off his whole appearance.

A few hairs were sticking out of his normally perfect bun, his powerful aura was replaced with a sense of 'I need help' but I knew he wouldn't let those words leave his mouth.

I gave a small sigh before walking over to his desk.

"Didn't I tell you to leave me alone." He shot at me as I pulled one of the chairs next to him and he finally looked at me, "Naomi fucking leave."

"I'm not leaving, so shut the hell up." I shot at him and he gave me a glace that I normally would have feared, but I simply shrugged it off.

"You're on your way to getting fired." He grumbled.

"You can fire me after I help you with your work." I said to him while looking over the papers he was working on, "You need help."

"I don't." He said, "I can handle it. I got it."

"I'm sure you do." I say while grabbing two of the other stacks that he had yet to start working on, "You can handle those while I get these ok?"

"No I got it-" he started to say, but I hushed him.

"Let me help you." I say to him softly and he looked up at me, "It's my job to assist. It'll go twice as fast with two people."

"It's due at 5." He mumbled and I glanced at the clock to see that it was almost three thirty.

"We'll have it all done by 4:30." I assure him and gave him the best smile I could, "Stop worrying, I got you Ro."

He scoffed but it sounded more like a small, amused laugh, "Don't call me Ro."

I shrugged, "I'll call you what I want."

"Watch it." He mumbled with a small smile before returning to his paperwork.

I smiled to myself slightly as I begin to work on the first stack of papers.

"Thank you." I heard him mumble softly, and I almost couldn't make out the words.

"You're welcome." I say back to him and rub his back for a bit to reassure him.

'What are you doing Naomi...' I mumbled to myself, but I honestly didn't even have an answer for myself.