Loaf&Loathe

Naomi's POV

'Stop fucking starting at me man!' I shout in my head as I walked into the board meeting with coffee for each member that sat at the round table. Roman simply not tearing his eyes from me when they were suppose to be on his work. Jimmy sitting mere seats away from him, not noticing his actions.

"Did you get everybody?" Randy asked and I nodded.

We walk towards the exit of the door and I could feel Roman's eyes on me again and when no one was looking, I shot him the finger, only to have him give me an amused look.

I rolled my eyes before exiting the room with Randy right behind me.

"He like messing with you." Randy said with a small laugh.

"You could say that." I say while rolling my eyes, "I just wish he'd leave me alone."

"What has he done to you this morning?" He asked me.

"Well..." I admit, "Nothing... But he won't stop staring."

"You're anticipating him to do something." He told me, "Almost like your begging."

"I am not." I say to him.

"Are too." He said back.

"I'm not arguing with you on this dude." I say to him.

"Because you know I'm right." He said to me, "I can read you like a book Nao. You like him... Maybe even more than-"

"Don't say it. Don't you dare say it." I say to him and he merely shrugged.

I was tired of the subject. I was tired of the names Roman and Jimmy. It was never this hard when I was single.

"I'm just saying." He said to me with a small smile as my phone buzzed. I take it out to see a message from Roman and I groaned.

Roman: my coffee is cold

Naomi: ok??

Roman: I need a new one.

Naomi: boy bye.✌🏾

Roman: not a boy and I'm sure you know that.

Naomi: is this what you wanted? Cause I don't have enough time.

Roman: I wanna talk to you today. Wait for me in my office.

Naomi: don't feel like it. still mad @ you

Roman: please Naomi? I'm being serious. If we want to put whatever we have to rest, then we need to talk.

Naomi: just talking?

Roman: yes.

Naomi: no sex.

Roman: no kissing.

Naomi: just me and you talking.

Roman: exactly.

Naomi: then you got yourself a deal.

***

"You never said no touching." Roman pointed out as he finger traced circled on my knee.

I scowled at him but it was actually quite funny in my mind.

"Cut it out." I say while slapping his hand away.