Chapter 3 What is a home?

"Home? "Why did I call it that." I said to my self as I walked in. People say "home is were the heart is" or "home is were you feel safe and loved." I thought about this while I ate my snack of cheese and crackers with a cup of milk. "This is the first time in 14 years that I called a place 'home.' The Johnsons are nice to me but that doesn't make this home." I concluded to my self. " I can't get attached" I reminded my self. By 5:30 Mr Johnson, Clark, came home from work. Soon after arrived Mrs. Johnson, Katie, and they both looked like they had a hard day. "Did you finish your home work?" Clark ask. "Yep" I said with a bit of pride. "How many episodes have you watched so far?" Katie ask trying to sound interested. "This is my third" I say. "You need to turn that off and get work done" Clark told me sternly.  I gave him a look of confusion. "But K said I could watch as many as I wanted  if I woke up, made it to school on time, and finished all my homework before you guys got hear." I say still confused and proud that I didn't say home. " I will not let you become a lazy ass bitch and let you watch TV all day, until you believe that fairytale shit is real and why do you even like that show?! Everyone is fucking ugly and terrible actors." He yelled. " You do nothing at all. You are a worthless piece of shit and I want you out. OUT!! He yelled at the top of his lungs. I could feel my eyes water up. "No! I will not cry in front of them" I told my self over and over again. I ran to my room and slammed the door as hard as I could. As soon as the door closed I broke. I was so hurt. I thought that I actually found a place to be I thought I might have a chance with a family. "I'm just like Emma, a lost girl" I told my self. When ever I am upset I compare it to OUAT and I know this is weird, but I talk to them. I talk as if Lana was right there on the floor with me. "Why, why can't I find a good home?" I ask. There is that word again. "Jen, I need you here." I pleaded as if she was right across from me. Then after an hour of crying I feel asleep.

"So you don't want me to leave?" I ask hesitantly the next day, after I found out why Clark lashed out on me. It  turns out that he learned that his father died, and in all the sadness, he got drunk. "No! We want you to stay with us, you complete our little family." He said with a smile. Most people would hear that and be all excited and then everyone is in a group hug. But when I heard that, I just felt uncomfortable. I didn't know what to say so I just stared at the linoleum in the kitchen.

After that things got back to normal. I went to school, hung out with Amy every once in a while, got board by Mrs. Daves, and had many Fantasies about OUAT.
Every once in a while I would use the word home, and hate my self because that means no more leaving or being left. And I couldn't count on that.

One Friday night Clark didn't come back at his usual time of 5:30. K started to get worried, me I was just curious. It became dark and still no Clark. Buy 9:30  the Phone rang. "Hello.. Clark???" Katie said with worry in her voice. "No Ma'm, this the the hospital.. We need you to come right away its your husband Clark." Said the man on the other line. "WHAT!!" Katie screams. We speed over to the hospital and 15 minutes later we arrived.