Chapter 4 I never want to go to a hospital again

When we arrived Katie ran into to lobby and I just walk at a slow pace behind her. I really didn't want to be here, but I had no choice. Walking in I remember the last time I was in a hospital. That was when I almost got beaten to death by one of my foster father Jim. I shuttered at that memory and tried to think of Lana and Jen. By the time I got to were Katie was at I just sat down next to her. When the doctor called us to meet with him, he told us what happened. "It turns out that your husband went to a bar after work and after being extremely drunk, he got into a fight." The doctor said. "Was it a bad fight? Is he alright? Did the fight happen in the bar?" Kate asked the doctor all at once. "From what I know, he got into a fight at the bar and got pretty beaten up. So he left and some how got into another fist fight on the street. He got beat up even worse then." The doctor said with sorrow. "Well I'm going to have to talk with Clark about his drinking when I see him" Katie exclaimed. "Ma'm, I'm terribly sorry, but your husband didn't survive the fights. He died before the ambulance even got to him. Again I am terribly sorry for your loss." He said with deep sympathy and got up and left. I just sat there. Katie was silent. Then all the sudden she is sobbing uncontrollably. I am very bad when it come to comforting people so I just sit and look at her. I want to hug her and tell her it will be ok, but we never got close to that type of comfortability with each other. I guess that's apart of why I never felt 'home'.