Chapter 3

Chapter 3- Edited

As I walked to my floor I saw police, teachers and students everywhere around her room. I raced toward her room only to be stopped by a male police officer 3 feet from her room. I burst into tears while the police officer kept saying that I wasn't allowed into the room and how only police were allowed in the room. While I was crying I mumbled, "she was my best friend" just loud enough for him to hear.

"Wait here, I'll be back in a second" he moved over closer to the door and knocked, a female police officer opened the door but she was wearing business clothing and had her badge hanging on a long chain around her neck, he whispered something to her and pointed towards me. She walked over and gave a small smile with sympathy written over her face "Hello, my name Detective Sam and I'll be in charge of the investigation, I've been told by one of the officers you were good friends with the deceased?" I nodded not knowing if I would be able to talk "How long have the two of you been friends?" she said writing into a small notepad "Ever since the 6th grade we had been close" I said just loud enough for her to hear "Ms...?" she asked wanting to know my name when I realized that I never gave it to her.

Wow she must be the best cop there is "Nelson" I answered back trying to keep my voice even "Well Ms. Nelson would you be able to come down to the station and identify the victim and answer some questions due to the fact that the only known family member is her mum and her mum is in no state of mind to answer questions and because you were the first to come up with being her friend we would hope that you would say yes??" I thought about it for a second wondering if I would be able to handle seeing my dead best friends but if I did this I might be able to help the in the investigation.

I nodded "Would I be able to get changed into something comfier" looking down at my school uniform. She nodded and followed me to my dorm 3 doors down. I walked into my room while the detective waited outside. My room was large had a queen bed with a Paris donna cover, cream carpet and an almost white wall paint. I had posters of celebrities lined all around my room. A large bookcase near the door that leads out to the balcony, I had silvery blue curtains that matched my room, photos hanging on the wall and sat on my desk. I walked over to my closet and grabbed a multicoloured dress, grey jumper, black flats and did a light touch up on my make up.

I stared into my ocean blue eyes; my hair was a dark blonde with lighter blonde streaks running through it... I had an average body and fair skin. I looked in the mirror at my Outfit. I never thought of myself as pretty but I did look cute on occasions. I had a boyfriend who was sweat but more of a jerk than anything else. I never loved him, he asked me out and I said yes because no one ever had before. I grabbed my yellow and white handbag and walked out of my room. Walking to the police car, I tried to hide the fact that I had been crying my eyes out but it didn't work. Harry and his friends had just entered the dorms he looked at me with a confused expression; I just stared at him as I walked past. I noticed Harry talking with his friends and one of the girls I had seen outside my room, she must have told him what had happened because he raced up the stairs and was followed by his friends.

At the police station, I was lead down a corridor on my way to the morgue. I could smell the bleach that must have covered everything here; it made me feel sicker than I was before. Her mum Ms Smith was an emotional wreck. When we reached the metal doors, my stomach tightened. What if I couldn't recognize her? I mean they needed someone to identify her for Christ sake! They stayed outside the room leaving me alone with my once smart, friendly and beautiful friend. The coroner removed the sheet over the face and placing it on her chest. I moved closer, I lifted my head and saw my once best friend. I could understand by that point why they needed someone to identify her. She had hardly any flesh on her neck, her eyes had dark rings around them, she was so pale. The skin that hadn't been ripped off her face was loosely clinging her face. How did I let myself to do this? I moved over to the coroner and nodded "Yes that's Jessica Smith".

Harry's POV

Watching Sarah walk out of the dorm with the police to identify the body, she looked like a wreck. She was kind of happy this afternoon after detention. I could tell she didn't believe me about the party. When I first saw her I thought she was Hot, gorgeous, funny, kind all that. But she didn't hang out with the same group as me. The guys always drooled over her but never did anything about it. I requested to have a double room with Louis seeing as we were like brothers. The room had dark grey- Blue paint. Me and Louis's beds were different. He had grass green donna and aqua sheets. The boy and I thought it would be funny if we got him orange sheets so he could sleep in a carrot but thought it might be taking it a bit too far. I, on the other hand, I had dark blue almost black donna and silver- grey sheets. The room was not clean in the slightest bit.

What's going on around here? Ever since I came here to the school a couple months ago, pretty much every girl single or not wanted to be around me or the boys. As much as I loved being the school's heartthrob it hardly ever gave me the chance to be myself. When I saw Sarah at lunchtime she and her friend were the only 2 so far that wasn't flirting or constantly staring at me, Louis, Liam, Zayn, Niall. It made me wonder why. I was surprised when I saw her holding hands with this guy in the 12th grade, Brad Addoms he was captain of the football team. I was surprised mainly because he seemed like the player type in my eyes. I smirked at the thought, for a second I thought I was talking about myself/ Though I was starting to get worried about the murder, that means that there is a killer on the lose around the school.

Sarah's POV

The police dropped me off at the dorms. I walked past my room and went to the room beside mine. I knocked on the door to meet a red puffy eyed Tia. I walked in and wrapped my arms around her, she was shacking. I moved her to the bed and tucked her in. I went to her bedside table and got out a packet of crunchies and some movies. I moved over to her T.V and placed 'What to expect when you're expecting' and pressed play, I turned off the lights and climbed into bed with her. she was watching the movie and about halfway through the movie I started dosing off feeling my eyes getting heavier somehow praying that this was somehow all just a dream.