Chapter 3

(Ali's P.O.V)

Reaching Ava's house, I finally park on her large driveway. I step out of my car, onto the red brick pavement and close the door in sync with Ava before locking it.

"So Alison, do you want to explain to me what actually happened to you back there?" Ava demands as we step through into the foyer of her house.

No one is home which isn't unusual seeing as both of Ava's parents are very busy people; they're mostly always out on business trips. Like mine.

Ava's older brother, Brock is mostly responsible for looking after her when her folks are gone. He is two years older than us and may I add, very good looking. Just like a little someone I bumped into this afternoon.

Great, now all my thoughts are back on him. The boy I saw today, I've decided to call him Dylan.

I chuckle at the thought, it almost feels like I'm picking out a name for my new pet dog or something.

Returning to the important subject at hand, I'm still super confused about what happened just an hour ago. If it was Dylan then he really hasn't changed very much. His light brown-- nearly dirty blond-- coloured hair is tousled and flops onto his his forehead, which just enhances his beautiful sandy brown eyes.

He has a tight jaw and his arms and chest are very muscular, I'm also pretty sure he must have a six pack judging by how hard his stomach felt when we bumped into each other.

My thoughts are suddenly interrupted by Ava.

"Hello, earth to Ali!" She snaps irritatedly, frantically waving her hand in front of my face.

"Sorry, I was just thinking." I mumble apologetically.

"About what?" She quips, dragging me upstairs towards her room.

I sit awkwardly on her large bed on top of the flowery sheets and throw off my shoes, laying down and feeling the bed sink a little as she sits down next to me.

"Ali you're driving me crazy, just tell me what the hell happened to you back there."

I take a deep breath and finally say, "I saw him,"

Ava's waiting face turns into a confused one as she asks "Who?"

I close my eyes and whisper "Dylan,"

Opening them back up again, one at a time, I see a concerned look on her face.

"Ali, Dylan is gone. Come on, you know this."

"But I saw him! It looked exactly like him, only older." I sit up.

Ava heaves a loud sigh and finally says, "Okay, so maybe this boy looked like Dylan, but it wasn't necessarily him. You were probably just worked up about the fact that today would have been six years since his death."

I flinch a little as thoughts of Dylan's funeral come rushing back to me. I feel Ava's hand on mine, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"Come on, let's go get your mind off this," Ava says, standing up, "So, while I was waiting for you in the car, Elliot texted me saying he wanted to move our date to tonight," she smiles and honestly looks kind of excited.

My face lights up straight away. "And what did you say? Please tell me you didn't blow him off."

"No," she shrieks, "of course not, after what you said to me about him not being like Mark I totally changed my mind about Elliot... So he's picking me up at seven," Ava blurts, I can actually hear the excitement in her voice.