Chapter 31

Well here is chapter 31, hope you guys enjoy it :)

P.s. sorry about the shorter length of this chapter

(Ali's P.O.V)

A hospital. We are now parked outside the local hospital car park, and I still have no idea why. Well, at least that's the ridiculously irrational suspicion of Dylan having an affair out of the window. Thank heavens for that.

Dylan's knuckles have whitened severly from gripping onto the steering wheel with such force. He hasn't spoken a single word since he stepped back into the car. Neither have I.

Am I still mad at Dylan? A little, yes. But my curiosity to this situation completely overpowers any shred of antagonism I may feel towards him right now. Honestly, my moods never last when it comes to him. That's just the hold he has over me. 

Dylan snaps me out of my reverie with the clearing of his throat. I glance in his direction but his eyes are focused straight ahead, I know he's struggling for something to say. A pang of sympathy suddenly overwhelms me and without a second thought, I reach out and grab his hand.

I squeeze tight, tracing his knuckles with my thumb until he turns to look at me. His face is twisted with emotion, his eyes filled with pain and uncertainty.

"Dylan you don't... we can go home, you don't have to explain yourself to me." I coo nervously. His eyebrows scrunch together but he's still unable to speak. "Dylan please, let's just go home." I attempt to soothe him but once again, it goes down in vain.

Suddenly he retreats his hand from mine and steps out of the car, slamming the door shut. I gasp as I watch him fall to ground and adrenaline courses once again through my body, pushing me to move quickly to his consolation.

Within a second I'm out the door and sprinting around to Dylan, who is now kneeling down on the cold, concrete floor with his head in his hands.

"Dylan," I cry in despair, getting onto my hands and knees beside him. By this time of night there are rarely any other cars around, meaning the parking lot is something akin to deserted. "Dylan please talk to me, please." I wrap my arms around his waist from behind, resting my head on his back. "Please," I beg.

I feel his rough hands holding on to mine, but with the inability to see his face, I can't tell what he's thinking.

"It's my sister," he blubbers hoarsely and instantly my mind drowns itself in unanswered questions. Dylan has a sister?

I remain quiet, unable to think of an appropriate response to this rather surprising revelation. He abruptly turns around to face me, bringing me up along with him as he stands on his two feet. I immediately pull him into a hug, wrapping my arms tightly around his waist and snuggling my head into his chest.

This is about all I can do for him right now.

I feel him stiffen for a second before retaliating, pulling me in closer to his body and resting his chin on the top of my head. He breathes deeply before carrying on with his explanation.

"They want to turn them off, Ali. The machines that are keeping her here. They don't think she's going to wake up," he whispers and I bring my head back so I'm able to better decipher what he's feeling. The pain behind his eyes is evident which makes my heart constrict inside my chest.

"Dylan, I--" I pause, "I don't understand." I mutter honestly. I had known Dylan from ages six to twelve, in those six years, never once did I hear him mention the fact that he had a sister. Dylan had always been a lonely child, I was just about the only friend he had and vice-versa.