Chapter 11

(Ali's P.O.V)

Okay Ali breathe, don't show him how nervous you are or he'll know he's right. Do something quick.

"Last one in the sea is a stinky old fart!" I shout and sprint for my life.

A stinky old fart? Seriously Alison, what are you? A sixty-year-old British man? I mentally face-palm myself.

"Oh no you don't!" I hear Dylan's voice shout from behind me and before I know it he's caught up with me.

He kicks the side of my foot making it collide with the other sending me face first into the sand, only he's too absorbed in winning that he doesn't even notice.

Well thank heavens for that.

When I finally manage to dust myself off I'm too late, he's already won. But he won't get away with this. He just cheated and got me a mouthful of sand. He's so going to pay. I quickly unwrap myself from my soft warm towel and throw it onto the white sand.

As soon as my towel hits the floor I am encircled by a blast of warm wind. Looking over at Dylan I notice that he's staring at me intently.

Now who's checking who out, huh?

"Come on loser," he shouts, splashing the cold water onto my feet. Oh he did not just do that.

I sprint into the sea and as soon as the water hits me it feels like a million needles digging into my skin, it's like, below zero in here. But I've got to get my revenge, no one makes me eat sand. Especially not Dylan Scott.

I swim across the distance between me and Dylan and finally reach him. Much to his surprise, I grab a hand full of water and splash it in his face, causing him to flinch underneath the cold sea water. Ha!

"Oh, you're so going to pay," he threatens with an evil grin I know all to well plastered onto his face. He suddenly grabs my body and I let out a little squeak, knowing full well what he's about to do.

"Let me down, peanut!" I yelp over the sound of the crashing waves but before I know it, I'm already swallowed whole by the ice cold water.

As I resurface, gasping for air, I notice Dylan's once worried expression mould into an amused one.

"Nice hair, Grinch." He smirks. What's he on about? What's wrong with my-

I reach out my hand and touch my soaking wet hair only to feel something slimy and unfamiliar. Oh my God what the hell is on my head? I let out a loud, ear piercing scream as I throw a hissy fit in the middle of the ocean.

"Dylan what the hell is in my hair? Get it out! Oh my God, get it out!" I scream as I bounce from one foot to another, frantically shaking my hands about in the air like a crazed mental patient.

Looking up at Dylan, I see him guffawing as his hands clutch onto his toned abs. How is he even laughing at a time like this? What the hell is on my head?

Finally building up the courage to once again, confront the substance that's on my head, I quickly reach up and pull it off my hair in one swift motion. As I launch it far away from me, to my fortunate surprise, it hits Dylan straight in the face.

Yep, karma is a bitch.

His lips that were once wide open, laughing at my misfortune, are now covered in seaweed. This sight suddenly becomes too much to handle and it's now my turn to burst out laughing.

I full on howl at the sight in front of me, only Dylan doesn't look too amused now. I clutch on to my sides, still laughing like there's no tomorrow only to see Dylan scowling at me as he removes the seaweed from his face.