Chapter 25

(Ali's P.O.V)

After yesterday's dinner with Dylan's family, Mrs. Scott seemed much more at ease with my presence in her home. Hence the fact she baked me cookies when she found out I was coming here today, another day suffering the pain of tutoring Mr. Jason Scott.

"These taste amazing," I mumble to Jason through mouthfuls of barely chewed cookies. Jason shoots me a tight-lipped smile and shakes his head in an admonishing manner.

"Clearly we know Dylan doesn't love you for your table manners." He mutters, mostly to himself. I glare at him, furrowed brows and all as I take the last bite of this delicious dessert.

The reason Jason and I are alone is because Dylan is once again, stuck with coach Michaels at football practise. If it wasn't for this, I'm pretty sure he'd be sitting not far from me and Jason, waiting impatiently for this to be over.

After Jason was acting shady all through last week, Dylan grew more and more suspicious of what he was up to. So now I've made it my personal mission to find out what the heck is going on. Yep, curious Ali to the rescue.

"I think we should take a little break from all this learning, what do you say?" I ask enthusiastically.

"Sure, whatever." Jason dismisses, looking awfully engrossed in his mobile phone.

"I was thinking maybe we could, um... talk." This instantly calls for Jason's full attention.

"T-talk?" He stutters.

"Sure," I smile as a sign of reassurance to the hint of skepticism behind his grey eyes.

"Alright," he sits up, "what do you want to talk about?"

"You," I say simply.

"Me?" He asks astonished.

Jason having the reputation he does, it's needless and unnecessary for him to even speak to girls, they just come barrelling out of unknown locations and practically kneel at his feet.

Needless to say, any normal hormonal teenage boy wouldn't find this the worst of situations. After that, I'm pretty sure the only words spoken to each other don't go beyond the old "harder" and "faster", if you get what I mean.

Back to my point, I'm sure it must be very new for Jason to actually speak about himself, let alone it being to a girl. But let's see how long it takes for me to crack him.

"I actually have a question for you," I inform him, reminding even myself of this question that I've been itching to ask.

"Shoot."

"Did you know... about Mia. Is that what you were talking about when you told me I didn't know everything?" I ask, intrigued as ever. He sighs.

"I thought we were going to talk about me."

Egotistical jerk.

"Well, now we're not. Answer my question." I snap.

"Yes, Ali, I did know about the baby. And yes, if you must know, that was in fact, the part of the story you didn't know." He sighs again, rubbing his forehead.

"How did you find out?" I inquire, my brows furrow.

"Haley told me. As you probably know, Haley and I hooked up, shortly after Dylan and her broke up. About a year ago, I think."

A year? Hmm. Jason surprises me when he carries on speaking so I listen intently, grabbing on greedily to as much information as Jason is willing to give away.

"She came to me crying one day, saying she was pregnant but she didn't know how far along. Obviously I freaked out, thinking it could have possibly been mine, I just couldn't hack the responsibility. That's why we stopped seeing each other, after that she didn't bother me anymore." He explains, his eyes giving nothing away.