Chapter 18

(Ali's P.O.V)

'Have you got colour in your cheeks?

Do you ever get that fear that you can't shift the tide

That sticks around like something's in your teeth'

That isn't my ring tone, so it must be Dylan's. And judging by how he sighs, annoyed, and rests his forehead on mine, I know I'm right.

'Are there some aces up your sleeve

I had no idea that you're in deep

I dreamt about you nearly every night this week'

"Aren't you going to get that?" I whisper breathlessly, rubbing circles on his cheek with my thumb. I never knew he was an Arctic Monkeys fan.

"I'll be right back ok?" he looks at me, as if waiting for my answer. I nod in agreement and he swiftly pecks my lips before picking himself up and sauntering towards the couch.

"What?" he snaps without even checking the caller ID and I can tell that he's aggravated.

But for some unknown reason I just can't help but smile, he was enjoying this just as much as I was. Plus, he's cute when he's angry. The way his brows furrow and his lips curl adorably as he chews on it. Yup, I am one lucky girl.

"Yes, today... I don't know, when is best?" I notice his tone soften as I listen to the one-sided conversation. I wonder who it is that called him. "Uh-huh, I'm still with Ali... When?" he pauses and looks at me for a second, as if trying to decide something. Who is he talking to? And about me?

"Ok, I'll ask her.. I'll see you later... I love you too,"

What?

Ok, who the hell is he speaking to? Suddenly, a giant wave of jealousy hits me hard and I stare at him, narrowed eyes and all. So help me God, if it's some slut form our school I will kill her... and him.

"No mom, not yet... why can't he do it himself?" Suddenly his expression shifts and he looks angry.

Wow, this is awkward.

Jeez I really am one of those 'psycho jealous girlfriends' you always see in movies. I'll make sure to not let Dylan find out about this, it could cause a lot of commotion. To spare myself anymore embarrassment, I quickly get up and tiptoe my way over to the bathroom. 

I haven't seen Mr and Mrs. Scott in over six years now, I wonder if they still remember me. It would honestly be hard not to seeing as I was over at their house everyday when Dylan and I were kids. 

Ok, now that my bladder is empty I feel much better. I look at myself in the mirror as I scrutinise my pale face. Why am I so pale? Maybe it's just too early in the morning. Speaking of which, I don't even know what time it is, but my rumbling stomach tells me that it's time to eat.

I quickly run my fingers through my wild, untameable hair and wash my face. There, this should do it. When I saunter back into the bedroom, Dylan is sitting on the edge of the bed with his arms resting on his thighs, looking every bit the model. Damn, I wish I could look that good this early.

"Hey again," I smile, sitting on the bed beside him.

"You ok?" he asks, scanning my face with his brown eyes.

"Good as ever," I beam.

"Listen, we have to get going," he tells me and I can see the annoyance in his eyes.

"Already?" I ask, it's still early in the morning isn't it?

"Yes, I'm sorry. My mom called and asked me to be back for dinner so we have to leave soon if we want to get there on time,"