Chapter 4

(Ali's P.O.V)

What a freaking jerk! That guy is so far up his own ass I'm surprised he can even see where he's going.

I'm now pretty much convinced this isn't Dylan, it might look like him and all but the Dylan I know would never act like this cocky-ass bastard. He didn't even thank me for driving him home!

It was nine o'clock at night when I finally arrived home. Edita had already made dinner so after I ate, I headed straight for my room. Dad was too busy focused on his work and mom was out on her night shift at the hospital. I decided to take a shower.

After spending about thirty minutes in the shower, just thinking about what had happened today, I felt somewhat relieved. It felt as if the water had washed away all of my stress and I finally got a moment of peace.

Laying down under my covers, already in my pj's, I check my phone only to see I had a text from Ava and another from Dereck. I sigh as I open the one from Dereck first.

Ali, I didn't see you at school today.. meet me tomorrow, we need to talk.

Seriously, when is he going to give it up? Dereck is the captain of the football team and like Dylan-- I mean, Ethan-- all girls literally beg to be with him. He has greyish blue eyes that all girls go crazy over, even I used to.

We dated for a few months when we were sophomores and we were close friends for a few years before that. But after he became 'star player' of the football team, he suddenly thought he was too good to treat me right which resulted me in breaking up with him.

Apparently he still likes me to this day and always tries to fix things up again but I don't know if I can trust him after what he did to me. But whatever. Pushing all thoughts of Dereck away I open the text from Ava.

Just got home, I'll tell you all the details tomorrow but one word to sum up tonight: perfect.

I smile at the thought of Ava finally opening a little spot in her heart for Elliot. After a moment I felt my eyelids getting heavier and before I knew, it I was out.

*

Waking up to that satanic sound of my evil alarm clock I mutter curse words under my breath and scowl at it as if it were a person. Making my way into the bathroom, I brush my teeth and take a quick shower.

Heading back out into my spacious room, fresh out of the shower I dry myself off and saunter over to my closet. After putting on some macthing undies, I pick out some blue skinny jeans and my baby-pink, over-sized knitted jumper.

I pair this up with my cute little love heart necklace and chucks. After just brushing my hair and leaving it naturally wavy, I decide to go full on natural today and just slap on some moisturiser instead of make up.

"Good morning honey," my mom says cheerfully as I arrive downstairs.

"Morning mom," I answer, still half asleep. Not bothering to have a proper breakfast I pick up an apple and take a bite. While chewing I say "bye mom."

My mom scowls at me and says "don't talk with your mouth full, but have fun at school."

I give her a peck on the cheek and head out.

*

"Hey," I smile at Ava while she walks out of her house and into my car. As she settles in I begin to drive to school.

"So..." I prompt her expectantly, waiting for her to tell me all about her date.

She looks at me with a blank expression then all of a sudden starts shrieking with excitement. I laugh at how uncharacteristically cheerful she's acting and attempt to calm her down.